Thread: Looking for resaw fence for a 20" Rockwell

Looking for resaw fence for a 20" Rockwell

I have a Rockwell Model 20 Vertical Band saw, 28x 3X0, serial number 1810285. The table is 20 inches wide and 24.25 inches deep.

I would like to locate a good resaw fence. Any suggestions?

Jack Graham, San Marcos TX

Carter makes a magnetic fence that will fit just about any bandsaw. It has super strong magnets that don't move easily. Delta makes a smaller uni fence for bandsaws. You could always just make one, they're not super difficult.
    Last edited by Calvin Jamison; 06-14-2013 at 4:55 PM.

Jack,
    I'm working on a 18" Parks and planning to build the following fence:

http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/...saw-fence.aspx

It allow for drift adjustment and allows you to use your miter slots.

Dan

If you adjust your blade tracking to where the gullet of the blade rides just a little bit in front of the crown (whoch gives better support to the tooth) and have proper blade tension you should never have drift, ever ( unless your blade is hosed).

What about the grizzly resaw fence? I really like it. They should have one for 20 inch tables...

I've been really happy with my Laguna DriftMaster fence on my 19" Grizzly bandsaw. I have both the short and tall fences, and the combo covers all of my needs.
    Scott Haddix

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" - Author Unknown

I had a lot of trouble with finding a proper fence for my Oliver. I finally bought a couple of 40mm MagSwitches and they have worked perfectly.
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

I did the same thing for my Crescent Heavy 20, John. Made a pretty respectable rip fence from some scraps and a couple of MagSwitches.
    Paul

Thanks for all you ideas. I will look into all and advise you what I ended up doing. Thanks again. Jack Graham

If you can find a used Unifence, they make a pretty good fence for a Rockwell 20". I put one on our saw at school when I upgraded the Unisaw to a Bies. Lots of people have done that so you might not have too much trouble finding one.