Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese cnc machine mega low price!

Chinese cnc machine mega low price!

After a good search online i found a Chinese comapny with low prices and ships cheap to my major port in Houston TX. My sales rep Nancy Chan offered to design my own cnc machine to my liking. I will be engraving concrete and cutting precise plastic templates. So i then sent her the following link, concreteprinter.com. She then wrote:

pls tell me follow information what you like1).spindle power
    2).control system(we advise you use DSP)
    3).what main material will you engraving

If I'm needing an engraver and a cutter, for concrete and plastic cutting. Can these two parts be interchangable? Which way should I go with the DSP option and the splindle power? What route should I take with this special order?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 06-01-2013 at 3:19 PM.

I think you need them to build you 2 machines , My overhead router is built like a tank for the ultimate in rigidity and precision , I cant see a decent CnC machine with a removable XYZ gantry being at all rigid or precise when doing CnC duty , unless your need for precision and rigidity is low...
    Personally I think that the concrete printer is of limited appeal and would rather get a really decent CnC router than a compromised dual machine .. the concrete printer site's marketing is sort of like make a million $ in your spare time type thing ..normally that raises my eyebrows...but as with anything , your marketing efforts will be more important than the machines themselves..so who knows...
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 06-01-2013 at 4:44 AM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

I don't want to be a Kill Joy but a Business Plan for something like the big portable printer needs to look at the many posts here on Copyright Issues and something as simple as making a Sports or Bike Logo.... With that said, We are all big boys and take responsibility for our decisions. Between the 3 Threads here in this section each method has had to deal with the Copyright issues. Many just see it as being able to print money... Like a Sign in a Vet Office.... "Sure it is all fun and games until someone goes home wearing a plastic cone"

In the Sign Thread was a Sand Blasting Jig made with a small wooden box and Dust Collector that you used on TOP the stone in the open. Could be a Cheaper Alternate to the Stone Version and still in keeping with your big picture... With the CNC you could cut the Sand Blast Mask if the size was big enough... That would set you up for a Quality CNC only Purchase.

I saw this was your 2nd post so I wanted to say WELCOME !!!!

And be sure to read the post about the China Purchase where the money "Disappeared" on the way... Gone forever.

Good Luck,

AL
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 06-01-2013 at 1:34 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

All my purchases have been through paypal to China - I think all have been under $200. I have had awesome experiences with the sellers though. Casting another line into the water tonight - three nema23 dual shaft 425oz steppers for $110 shipped - crossing fingers. Best of luck on the machine Alex.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thank you and i will refrain from logos as much as I can lol. Thanks for everyone's input. That sandblasting jig on wooden box does sound cheap and got me thinking, if anyone out there willing to build one please MSG me. After going back and forth with my Chinese sales person and making sure they accept PayPal, She said the following;

if you only engraving wood, and soft metal, you can use lower configuration and lower price 2900USD,
    but you will engraving stone , we should give you high quality Structure and configuration , so the price is higher .
    the quality is the most important , isn't it ? it can use long time and has no problem .
    because we are the first cooperation , and you are a kind client ,so i can reduce 100USD for it , so you can pay 4100USD for it ,

$100 off lol. Now I have the concrete engraving hand tools already so I started leaning more towards getting the lower configuration cnc that comes with a table(not portable) to cut my templates and use those to carve my concrete. Am I right to lean more towards a non-portable, table unit since I won't be engraving on concrete floors with it after all?

I would like to ad one of those rotary or lathe, not sure if their the same thing, I apologize I'm still learning. But its that piece on the side of the table that rotates(usually cylindrical shape carvings), to make table legs or columns ects.

So thats what ill be using it for. This is a big purchase for me and I am really thankful for your suggestions.

Some nameless, faceless person in China wrote:
    pls tell me follow information what you like1).spindle power
    2).control system(we advise you use DSP)
    3).what main material will you engraving
    Personally, I'd run away as fast as I can from any salesman lacking the ability to manufacture a proper sentence let alone a three axis machine.

Chinese cnc machine mega low price!
    A Bargin: Something you can't use at a price you can't refuse.
    I don't understand the fascination with dealing with China.
    Truly, the cheapest distance between two points is often found by the value contained in quality, integrity and hard work.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. ... May your chains set lightly upon you, and posterity forget that you were our countrymen". -- Samuel Adams

I would bet if the saleslady wrote the sentence in Chinese it would be properly formatted. You have to give people some slack when clearly English is a second language to them.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Mark Smith
    Tracy, CA
    Mark's Custom Woodcrafts
    Legacy Artie 58 CNC
    Hurricane Ivan 60 Watt Laser

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Gallup View Post
    Personally, I'd run away as fast as I can from any salesman lacking the ability to manufacture a proper sentence let alone a three axis machine.
    OK Chuck, lets hear you say the same things in their language.

If I was selling to China you can bet I would take a great deal of care to insure my offering style would not cause more harm than good.
    If yet to have a China based sales pitch come across as legitimate.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. ... May your chains set lightly upon you, and posterity forget that you were our countrymen". -- Samuel Adams

If I was selling to China you can bet I would take a great deal of care to insure my offering style would not cause more harm than good.
    So should we disregard your post because of your error?

Looks like USA is out for you too LOL.

Good point, Gary!
    I would!
    If we were all perfect we'd be hanging from a cross.
    Still, there is no excuse for the kind of "grenade quality sloppy" we see from China based pitches.
    Yet, I'm not selling $60K dollar machines in a foreign country.
    If a sales technique from China is full of typos, and you bite, how silly it would be to expect more from the machine than the salesman representing it?
    Even NASA was guilty of the same sloppiness when planted a chunk of metal on Mars.
    Something about inches, feet and meters.

See if this video doesn't echo the cries of many owners of China machines?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjiGH9QNiU0

Really, we base whether to buy a product because their salesperson's foreign language skills aren't up to someones standards? The avg American barely writes proper English, and would be lucky to know 3 or 4 words of another language.

I have an american made machine right now that i hate but the salesman spoke proper english when he sold it, somehow that didn't the designer or manufacturer build a better machine though

If it was not for chiwan, shopbot and cammaster and all these other small machines would not be in the business of sub $50K machines. Where it counts (steppers/servos/electronics) stingers and Alpha/PRS/Buddies are all chinwan. Guessing not many here have a 100% american made cnc machine.

You pay for what you get it might cost a little more but you get service, support, warranty, training etc etc
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking