Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braille Converter Install Problem (Corel X5/Win8)

Unhappy Braille Converter Install Problem (Corel X5/Win8)

Bumping an old thread for updated information.
    I have downloaded & installed the braille macro on my 32 bit vista system running X5. The translate button is visable but doesn't work unless I manually acccess the GMS file & load it to corel macro manager. This works until I shut the program down & then the process starts again. It's not the end of the world but if a easy solution exist I would appreciate some technical knowledge.

By the way the macro works very easily once running. With a little internet research I was able to produce samples via laser & press fit balls without adhesive in an hour.
    Last edited by Tucker Alford; 05-28-2013 at 9:12 AM.

Unhappy Braille Converter Problem

Hello,
    New to this forum.
    I just downloaded the Braille Conversion Software but I am having problem
    getting the file to loan on CorelX5.
    As per instructions when I open Run Macros the BrailleScript.installBrailleToolbox
    dose not appear, so I can not load it to corel.
    It is in the cms directory but Run Macros can't find it.
    I am running windows 8, is this platform supported?
    thank you for any help to resolve this issue.

It appears we are having a similar issue, I posted two hours ago in an older thread. Hopefully someone can coment.

Are you also using Windows 8? Did you choose Braille.gms from the drop down list first?
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Can you search for Braille.gms and post the full path where the file is located?
    _Aaron_

c\program files\corel\coreldrawgraphicssuitex5\programs\draw \gms
    The file doesn't appear in the macro manager, I have to search and select the file.

Copied from other thread.
    I have downloaded & installed the braille macro on my 32 bit vista system running X5. The translate button is visable but doesn't work unless I manually acccess the GMS file & load it to corel macro manager. This works until I shut the program down & then the process starts again. It's not the end of the world but if a easy solution exist I would appreciate some technical knowledge.

By the way the macro works very easily once running. With a little internet research I was able to produce samples via laser & press fit balls without adhesive in an hour.

Hello Aaron,
    here is the path you requested.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Programs\Draw\GMS
    thanks
    JOE V.

HI AGAIN Aaron,
    it doesn't show up in the Run Macros list

OKIE DOOKIE, I THINK I GOT IT NOW....
    Not sure how I did it, but I kind of followed Tucker Alford's post.
    imported the GMS FILE INTO MACRO MANAGER, AND THE BRAILLE BOX
    appeared magically onto my screen.
    seams to work pretty good so far.
    Thanks for all your help Forum Members,
    and thank you Aaron for Helping us little guys
    with a great program.
    Many Success to All,
    Joe V.

Joseph, does the macro still work after you close Corel and reopen? I have the button but the gms file needs to be manually found and opened every session.

It could be that your VBA security settings are preventing the scripts from running (unless you manually run them).

Go to Tools > Customization > VBA

vba.gif

You can check "Trust all installed Macros" and see if that works, and if it doesn't, try unchecking the Incompatibility Warnings boxes.
    _Aaron_

Trust all installed GMS modules gives options, mine was set to medium & I turned it down to low, the lowest setting, still doesn't load automatically. Delay load is selected as it is on your screen shot. Additionally I turned off delay load VBA, nothing. If I mannually search for the file through the macro manager it is not listed. Search through the manager on c drive the file loads & the application works. For the amount of times I'll be using the application I'll be fine, If you can think of other avenues let me know. Otherwise thank you Aaron for your comments & support.

13. Hello Tucker,
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, been a busy week, I am still testing my engraver/router.
    yes, I have to import the program every time I open corel.
    it's not that bad to do so, but I love this program from Aaron and don't mind the extra steps.
    I didn't try the suggestion from Aaron below yet, I will try it today.
    Have a Great Weekend.
    Joe V.

14. Hello Aaron,
    thanks for your help, quick question, i have a computer at home that i use to do designs with, can I download the braille software
    to it or do i have to pay for it again.
    again thanks,
    joe v.

15. Hi Aaron,
    I tried the VBA thing as you suggested and like Tucker it didn't solve the problem.
    I have to import to the program every time I open Corel5. and I do have the stupid
    Windows8.
    Thanks
    Joe V.