Thread: Jet 10-20 Sander Infeed/outfeed tables

Jet 10-20 Sander Infeed/outfeed tables

Hello fellow Creekers. I recently bought a Jet 10-20 sander from a friend and am looking for the infeed/outfeed tables part. no. 608005 which are no longer made. I have checked CL and the bay but have not found them. Any help finding these tables would be appreciated. I have a PDF of the parts and can make the tables out of MDF and some aluminum flat stock if the OEM tables can not be obtained. Thank, Roger
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-13-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Old thread, I know, but I'm in the same boat. I know the stock tables are no longer available (dumb move, IMO), so I'd like to hear thoughts or see pictures of what some of you folks have come up with on your own.

I know I'll need something when working with boards any longer than a couple of feet, and ideally I'd like it to be something that can be attached or detached without a whole lot of trouble. I've got the sander sitting on the Delta planer stand (same as the Dewalt stand, but with a Delta badge), as I need to keep it mobile to roll out of the way in the garage/workshop.

Thanks!

Make your own? No offense, but the sander drive motor doesn't have a lot of oomph, so driving a real long board may be out of it's comfort range. I have a 16" and it has a hard time with long boards. I do have that tables, and I think a home made pair would have been just as good. You could also invest in those commercial outfeed supports. I use them anyways when doing real long boards. As mentioned, as the board gets real long, the motor has a harder time, and even with the tables, I need the outfeed supports anyways. The weight of the board bends the wood up to the drum. And off the belt. Good luck!

Thanks, Kyle. Yes, I'd pretty much planned on making them myself, just interested to hear what others have done. Actually, I doubt I'll run many long boards through it, and your comment about the feed motor lacking the power to push them is interesting. Hadn't thought of that. I basically want something to support the board to avoid snipe, without having to rely on holding it in an exact position by hand.

By commercial supports, are you talking about those adjustable roller stands?