Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newing Hall 600

Newing Hall 600

Hi guys I have got my hands on a Newing Hall Apex 600 it looks to have some parts missing. I have done a search on the net for so photos of the unit with not much luck. Is there any one that has one and could send me some photos of it. I'm looking around the spindle end. Thanks David

David

One of the great things about Newing Hall is that every machine they ever built can be restored and updated to todays standards. In my case I spent nearly $11000 to do it but it has been a money maker ever since. And with that re-furb I got a 2 year warranty and free tech support.

I believe the spindles are interchangeable on all machines. Most machines are pneumatically actuated in the z axis but their literature says they offer a stepper option for your machine. For a motorized pneumatic spindle you can get the 11/64, the 1/4" or the collet version.

As soon as I get my camera working I'll send a picture of my spindles.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

What do you need to know?? HPGL or APEX...... or older joystick

Depth nose adjustment? pressure regulation? requires a DC motor and 2 belt to drive (turn) the spindle. a 45-60 psi air pump to actuate up and down.

Mike the last time I priced the Stepper Z it ran $2250 and requires 3d software.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Sipes; 05-26-2013 at 3:45 PM. Reason: deleted ebay link
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Mark

Never checked the price but agree on the software.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike and Mark thanks for getting back to me. The main problem is I don't know what is missing between the spindle and the motor. DavidDSC_0013.jpg

You are missing/looking for a hollow shaft about 24" long that has a U hinge attached to one end and a spring that slides in the hollow shaft to apply tension to the belt when mounted . Assembly fits on the solid shaft which appears to be bent.

here is a very short shaft of the part you are long for.. You will need to call Newing-Hall . com if you need the parts.....

www.newing-hall.com
    Last edited by Mark Sipes; 05-26-2013 at 9:54 PM.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)

Here are a couple of pictures of mine. The solid shaft should be connected to the shaft from the motor. This shaft is hollow and the spring slides inside to provide tension when the solid arm is inserted then the belt is installed on the spindle pulley.

I think you might be able to fabricate this part and find a compression spring at a machine shop supply store. The shaft that is bent (your picture) needs to be straightened and then it fits inside the shaft in my pictures.

If you decide to fabricate this yourself brass tubing should work. The semi circle can also be brass as these are low stress pieces. The semi circle is hinged.

NH spindle attach.jpgNH belt tension.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Null; 05-27-2013 at 7:58 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Which controller will you be running the system with ? Pictures......

Did you get the software to run the controller?
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Just got home from work 11:30pm will take some more photos and post them latter. As for software short answer no. I do have some software that I use for my CNC and Corel draw. Mike I will have a go at making the part this week end as there is a toy shop down the road that sells brass tube. I will take photos of that to. Thanks guys David

Thought you could stop by my location until I discovered Perth is in Western Australia......not Washington (WA)
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Mark I'm happy to stop buy if you buy the plane ticket I did a search on the net and found the drivers for a unit from http://www.newing-hall.com/download.html Needs a good clean this weekend. David

A lot of cleaning! Be sure to spend extra time on the lead screws on the left (y axis) and at the back (x axis). These need to be very clean then lubricated.

There are specific lubricants to use and some not to use. Read the maintenance section of the manual I sent to you before operating the machine.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Mike will do. David

Not happy the other day I had the spindle drive working and today it didn't want to play. I will do a search for the schematic of the CCA this week to see if I can find out what went wrong. Any ideas. Thanks David

It might help if we could see a picture of your controller. Your issue may be as simple as pressing the "drives" button after you turn the machine on.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7