Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flame Polish Video

I use oxy acetylene and a No 8 tip. I have never had any issues and always get a perfect finish. I watched a demo on YouTube and it looked simple enough to do so I had a go. It is a dead simple process and just needs a few minutes practise.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I like how the guy had no hand protection as he was using MAPP gas. MAPP Gas burns at a million degrees or more, ten times hotter than the sun or so I hear.. The broad flame he was using is great for melting the edges and the top and bottom surfaces to give this texture all my customers noticed. I had to build custom nozzles for my MAPP gas torch. However, my experience with MAP gas is not as successful as I hoped. To bring up a VERY DEAD thread. I am in for a group buy of the HO gas thingy.

When I am down and out, I always read the Carbon Filter thread and the HO Torch Gas Group Buy thread. Makes me happy, well maybe tired.
    Legend 24EX, Amaya (Big Red), Server Farm, PBX System Integrator, (5) Shopsmith Mark VII's. Smithy metal 3-1, anything old and grey I will think about buying. " I learn from failure - I learn everyday, but only fail when I refuse to learn."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew zen View Post
    MAPP Gas burns at a million degrees or more, ten times hotter than the sun or so I hear..
    <chuckle> Not quite. MAPP gas is around 3kC... just the cool surface of the sun is 5kC+.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5