Thread: Another Pedestal Basket

Another Pedestal Basket

In the book "Tradition and Innovation" there were two pedestal baskets shown, both by Lucy Telles. This is my attempt to copy the second (the first was posted last month). I deviated from the actual size which is 9-1/2 x 5-5/8. Mine is around 11 x 6. I scanned the page I had to work from. I didn't copy everything exactly, as you can see, but hopefully close. C & C always welcomed.

002.JPG003.JPG005.jpg007.JPGscan lucy telles pedestal basket.jpg

Beautiful work and incredible detail. What type of coloring do you use such that it doesn't bleed into the surrounding areas? Looks like many hours of painstaking work!
    Dick Mahany.

Looking goood!
    C&C WELCOME

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    Beautiful work and incredible detail. What type of coloring do you use such that it doesn't bleed into the surrounding areas? Looks like many hours of painstaking work!
    Dick,
    I use Copic Original Dye Markers. Check out Jim Adkins tutorial here in the Articles section at the top of this page. I follow the directions just as Jim describes. Thanks for the comment.

Richard,

Many thanks for the info..........not sure I have the patience or skills for this kind of work ..... however it sure is inspiring !
    Dick Mahany.

That's another good looking piece, Richard. Thanks for sharing...... Jerry (in Tucson)

adore the colors & design..super job
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I'd bet Lucy Telles would be honoured by the copy and the attention to detail. Fantastic piece.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Another home run, Richard!

David

Absolutely incredible Richard!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

very nice, i like your southwest stuff

I appreciate all the comments. And I especially thank Jim Adkins for all the help, instruction, inspiration and advice he has so willingly provided. Thanks again to everyone who has commented.