Thread: ? HELP ? What are these xtra parts ?

? HELP ? What are these xtra parts ?

I have been cleaning out grand dad's shop and I have come across these pieces that I cannot identify and haven't missed yet from tools he had.

Any of you fellas got an idea what these things are or go to ?

The aluminum one is 2 1/2" long x 1" sq and the black ones are almost 3" long. I'm thinking they are some sort of pillow blocks.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

The black pieces look like the ones I got in a Union tablesaw kit years ago. The idea was to put the blocks in the t slot and then run the fence up to them loosen the fence adjust and parallel the fence to the slot, never did use them as I changed to a Beismeyer fence

Dave,

The two black devices with the bolts through them look like blocks that are bolted onto a device to restrict movement.

I installed and maintained CT scanners and MR scanners for 34 years. We used similar devices to prevent the gantry of a CT scanner from moving during shippping. Once they arrived to the hospital and were positioned in the place where they were going to reside, we removed the blocks so the gantry could be tilted for patient exams.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Those are called widgets.

Same with the silver piece. It's missing a bolt and nut. Should be a stop on a shaft.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    I believe the two black ones are locking blocks to hold a fixture or piece of material in place on a milling machine. Some milling machines have T-track type slots in their work tables for use with hold downs. You would retract the screw, slide the block into the t-slot and when you have it where you want it, you crank down on the screw to lock the block in position.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute