Thread: DJ-20 Jointer Bushings

DJ-20 Jointer Bushings

I Just purchased a made in Brazil, Invicta/Delta DJ-20 Jointer (750.00), slight rust/tarnish but cleaned up well. Yes, the motor brackets were in backwards and the pulley neded to be turned around, as mentioned in other members posts. The motor shaft key was still taped to the motor! just the set screw keeping the pulley in place and fixed to motor shaft. I needed to file and clean up the groove to install the key properly (it was used for over 20 years that way).
    Going over the tables I found them to be "out of whack"... I needed to adjust the tables to the cutterhead and to each other....what a pain. It came out of a kitchen cabinet shop. I can't belive the machine performed properly the way it was. In the process of adjusting the tables I found the adjustment slots in the eccentric bushings to be chipped making the adjustments a little tricky (yes I know of the double set screws). Has anyone changed or replaced these bushings? do the tables need to be removed to replace? or can they be pulled/pried out? I see them listed on the delta site for over 20.00 each, grizzly list their bushings for 2.00 The machines are so similar I wonder if the bushings are the same. In the past i have exchanged delta thickness planer bushings/rollers in to other Taiwanese (jet,reliant) planers. no problems.
    Has anyone used Grizzly's bushings in place of the Delta parts?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Joe

There was a thread recently where a member replaced the bushings in his g0490. I have done it but it does not appear to be too difficult. I'm not sure about interchangeability, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds like you'll have a great machine for a good price once you're all done! Congrats on the new machine

FWIW once you set the tables up correctly it's unlikely you'll ever need to do it again. Not saying don't change the bushings....just that may not really do much for you for what your going to put into it?

good luck,
    JeffD

4. Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but just wanted to see if you'd had any success using those Grizzly bushings on your DJ-20, Joe? I may need to replace mine and I have the same question that you did. Thanks!