Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement hose for Festool Vacs

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios Fradelakis View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000A...827908-0725165

Several buyers say that it's identical to the Festool hose. Read the reviews to be sure though.
    thanks for the heads up, that should work well for my needs. If Festool makes a splice kit, I could not find it.

Can also use the Mirka hose it's a little stiffer and maybe not as rugged as the Festool D27-AS but it fits.
    Mine came with a screw on soft adaptor, fits inner, outer and oval Festool ports.
    The big end fits my CT22, Unscrew the adaptor and it fits the Ceros.
    http://mirka-online.com/min6519411-m...cuum-hose.html

I just hooked up one of the Dust Deputy's today, tried it out and walked over to it and the static electricity popped me. Dust Deputy's solution is to have a strip of metallic tape (aluminum duct tape) about 1/2" wide stuck on the cyclone from the top down to the metal collar ring. Then you are suppose to take a light piece of electrical wire, wrap a bare end around one of the bolts on the collar ring and put a washer on the other end with the bare wire wrapped around it. This washer will then be left on the floor for the ground. I am using swimming pool hose for my vac hoses, picked up a 36 ft one for aroun $40
    "Seldom wrong, but NEVER in doubt!!"
    Registered EZ "Trac Head"

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Reasons View Post
    I just hooked up one of the Dust Deputy's today, tried it out and walked over to it and the static electricity popped me. Dust Deputy's solution is to have a strip of metallic tape (aluminum duct tape) about 1/2" wide stuck on the cyclone from the top down to the metal collar ring. Then you are suppose to take a light piece of electrical wire, wrap a bare end around one of the bolts on the collar ring and put a washer on the other end with the bare wire wrapped around it. This washer will then be left on the floor for the ground. I am using swimming pool hose for my vac hoses, picked up a 36 ft one for aroun $40
    A piece of metal tape, like that used for metal HVAC duct cut about 3/4" wide, run from tool hose inlet port on the DD and down to one of the bolts holding the cyclone to the DD dust storage unit did the trick for me. No wire to the ground or washer on the floor. Funny thing is, I only got shocked using a Festool tool. When I had a DeWalt biscuit joiner or Ryobi orbital sander hooked up I never got shocked. They were hooked up exactly the same way, only the tool was different.

With regards to hoses, I bought the Rigid hose as others have recommended. It it used on my Kapex. Seems just fine. It is shorter than a standard Festool hose, but I will probably cut it shorter as I will locate my Midi near the Kapex.

There's a thread on FOG that was started a couple of days ago about third party accessories being placed between the their tool and vac. They made it a sticky. The gist is static buildup can cause circuit boards in the vac to fry and you won't be covered under warranty. They aren't making that official, but the warning is there. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    There's a thread on FOG that was started a couple of days ago about third party accessories being placed between the their tool and vac. They made it a sticky. The gist is static buildup can cause circuit boards in the vac to fry and you won't be covered under warranty. They aren't making that official, but the warning is there. FYI
    Begs the question: Why does Festool sell a non-static dissipating hose?

I mentioned that on FOG. No response from the Fes-pros yet.

Great thread! I just picked up a Rigid hose for $38 for a CT26 I recently acquired. Works great!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-...2570/100375877
    Last edited by Homer Faucett; 05-07-2017 at 6:51 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Faucett View Post
    Great thread! I just picked up a Rigid hose for $38 for a CT26 I recently acquired. Works great!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-...2570/100375877
    Have you used a sander with it yet? No sawdust sticking to the outside of it like they show in the pictures when not using an Anit-Static hose?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Have you used a sander with it yet? No sawdust sticking to the outside of it like they show in the pictures when not using an Anit-Static hose?
    I used it with the RO 90 sander and had no problems. However, it is spring and damp here. perhaps under the dead of winter things are different.

I guess I should have said I also used it with my ETS 150, Domino, and Track Saw with no problem, exept that the reducer I used is a bit too tight. I will have to take a little off the inside of the adapter. I have used these same tools on my Fein Turbo 2 in winter with the Fein hose and never had a problem. I just happened to get a great deal on the CT 26 and the RO 90 at a pawn shop I frequent. I really like the Festool vac.

I know that Flexaust makes 36mm (or 1.5inch) antistatic hose (Genesis StatPath Plus) that fits the Festool connectors - I bought 25ft for $76 from Hose Warehouse recently and works fine with the Festool interconnects if a little tight to thread onto them