Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Adobe

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. If you don't need it for 3 months, you stop paying for 3 months. If you need Photoshop for 1 project that lasts a week, you can get it for a month and cancel it, so you'll be saving money. There is no restart fee, you can rent it month to month if you like. You can pick and chose when you have access to it.

You can complain until the cows come home, it's not going to change. Adobe's track record of listening to complaints like this is non-existent.
    Or not

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06...o_boxed_wares/

Clearly top brass at the company were living in er…cloud cuckoo land when they revealed last month that future Creative Suite versions would only be web-based, a move that went down badly with some channel partners and their customers.

The impact of this metamorphosis into SaaS provider was apparent in Adobe's Q2 sales, which slumped ten per cent to $1.01bn as net profit dived 66.8 per cent on a year ago to $76.5m.

THAT may get 'em to listen.

"We are using our Adobe Marketing Cloud technology to manage
    and optimise the Creative Cloud customer acquisition process,"

Never trust people who talk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I doubt it, they almost never listen to customers.

Since I'm a CC subscriber, I downloaded a number of the new apps Tuesday. By the end of the day Tuesday, I had a little icon telling me updates were available. I clicked on it, it had 4 "bug fixes" already available, which I thought was pretty darn impressive. Now, if they could just fix the bugs I have found that fast, we'd be in good shape.

I still have the old version installed, so it hasn't stopped me from working, but it was interesting to see bug fixes coming so fast. It's welcomed, and should be expected anyway, but up until now, I'd never seen that sort of time frames on bug fixes.

They aren't going to change, it's adobe. Google them and see how often in their history they have bowed to customer outrage or demand. Not many.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    "We are using our Adobe Marketing Cloud technology to manage
    and optimise the Creative Cloud customer acquisition process,"

Never trust people who talk like this.
    "Optimize the customer acquisition process"...that just gives you a warm tingly feeling all over, doesn't it?

Like a lobster in a pot of hot water.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I still have the old version installed, so it hasn't stopped me from working,
    It wouldn't surprise me to find that this is one of the future 'bug fixes'

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post

Like a lobster in a pot of hot water.
    LOL!
    coffee/nose warnings, please..

I doubt it, they almost never listen to customers.
    Ahhh, this may be true, but will they listen to stock holders......
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    Ahhh, this may be true, but will they listen to stock holders......
    I doubt it. Maybe they will prove me wrong. I have been keeping up with it a fair amount and it's the most I've ever seen customers scream about anything like this before. The screaming is so loud, it's clear that they have heard the screaming and it appears to concern them to some degree.

Whether that means they change the policy or dump a ton of money into a massive marketing campaign to make them feel better, time will tell.

The problem with the "bottom line" numbers is that there are a lot of young people that are really excited about it now because for $30 a month, they can get Photoshop CC, and that's exciting to them, when prior to this, it was out of reach at $700. I've seen a lot of posts by young people who love it. How much that offsets the loss of people not signing up has yet to be seen.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

The problem with the "bottom line" numbers is that there are a lot of young people that are really excited about it now because for $30 a month, they can get Photoshop CC, and that's exciting to them, when prior to this, it was out of reach at $700. I've seen a lot of posts by young people who love it. How much that offsets the loss of people not signing up has yet to be seen.
    I don't think the $700 figure has ever kept it out of reach of the younger users. Just us old folks.
    Photoshop has been a consistent zero day release since the old BBS days. I can remember the
    alt.binaries forums being full of real and fake images done by hoardes of kids with bootleg copies.
    Literally tens of thousands of kids bragging about where they got it and the fact that nobody would
    do anything to them since they were minors. And they justified it by saying they were giving Adobe
    free advertising, figuring out the bugs etc. I'm sure we're seeing a whole new crop of users coming
    up, but even now the workaround is out there so I doubt price is the factor.

Chuck, that statement I made was based on the number of "kids" I've seen post comments on various forums or articles, where they said they were so happy to finally be able to run legal copies of it, rather than having the pirated versions. So they do seem to be converting some of the younger kids into going legit with the monthly pricing.

I don't care what they do, I'll go whatever direction they go, because I think it's powerful software and we do need it for our business. I've never installed a pirated copy of their stuff, and don't plan on it.

Now, if they would just fix the bugs in Illustrator, I'd be happy.

Chuck, that statement I made was based on the number of "kids" I've seen post comments on various forums or articles, where they said they were so happy to finally be able to run legal copies of it, rather than having the pirated versions. So they do seem to be converting some of the younger kids into going legit with the monthly pricing.
    I forget that $30/mo is a lot different to them than it is/was to us!

I remember having one high school student working part time in my store. I couldn't
    get her to show up a lot of the time. She had to HAVE a job, but that didn't mean
    she wouldn't give away her shifts. If she didn't have the job, she lost her allowance.
    ($280/week!) $30/mo. would have caused me to look really hard at how much
    work was coming in that I couldn't do with some other software.

I'm curious as to how much ``churn'' Adobe sees in sign ups --- also, there're still 30 day free demos, no? How often can those be installed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Adams View Post
    I'm curious as to how much ``churn'' Adobe sees in sign ups --- also, there're still 30 day free demos, no? How often can those be installed?
    If you run inside of a VM, indefinitely...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5