Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Action - SawMill Creek Swap Meet

Ken,

Definitely a compliment, I thoroughly enjoyed talking with you and swapping war stories. Next time though I will have to bring more BL. My better half was impressed with you as well.

Glad you made it home safe. Looking forward to the next Swapmeet.
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

I would like to add our thanks to Keith, Jackie, and the girls for hosting the swap meet. It was nice to meet everyone. I got some pointers from Ken on pen turning that should speed up production. Kens a great guy and I'm glad to meet him. I enjoyed the shop and the CNC router. Thanks to Aaron for demostrating the laser and making the name tag.
    I want to thank Keith and Ken for the very nice plaque that was presented to me. I also won a scroll saw which was swapped for a pen lathe( we'll put a second shift on)
    We're going to DC tommorow and heading for home next week. hope to come to more Sawmill events.
    Earl

Thanks to Keith and family for a great day, and thanks to , Ray Bersch for lunch. Also Dino sold me on the E-Z Smart guide system. I ordered one today.

Thanks again
    Scott

I would like to thank Keith and family for being wonderful hosts. I had a great time and it was well worth the 1000 mile drive to get there. I was lucky enough to win the best prize which was a custom sign made by Keith and arron for my shop I will try to post a picture of this since it is really nice. Thanks again for a good time guys.

A lot of fun for all

We really enjoyed the swap meet, especially getting to know everyone. Thanks to the "Outen" kids, it was a pleasure to see young people being such a integral part of the group. We spent Saturday evening, all of Sunday, and most of Monday being tourists in the great state of Virginia. There is an amazing number of historical sites. The roads are much better than NC's. Thanks to the manufacturers that donated prizes. My wife is already enjoying her Penn State Improved pen press. We will write a review after we use it for a couple of weeks.

Bill and Nettie in WNC mountains