Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

As a business owner we have an obligation to pay our creditors before we take a dime for ourselves - unless you have an agreement with them beforehand that gives you more time or different terms. There is nothing I hate more than a customer who is slow in paying and blames it on receivables being slow for them or business being slow. Sorry, but that's not my problem. If you couldn't pay when it was due then you should have let me know beforehand not when I call 14 days late. I have had slow times and cash flow problems but my vendors ALWAYS got paid on time, no exceptions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I'm not suggesting that Access doesn't owe or shouldn't pay their creditors. And my sympathies are certainly with the injured parties in this case but having once been in a situation where it was necessary to perform a juggling act to keep a business going and put food on the table and where it took me an unusually long time to clear my debt (without declaring bankruptcy) I have some understanding of the thought processes of a small business in trouble.

If your in business you should make sure you do what you say. If you are selling an item for someone then it is your responsibility to get the money to that person when the item is sold not when you think you have enough money to pay them.

This is good to know for those that have considered buying a used laser. The biggest problem, next to not getting paid in a timely manor is the lack of communication.

Just suggesting that Rob could have kept communications open and tried to work it out. When a company doesn't respond it gets frustrating, and if there are issues
    about payment ever happening, you may want to be first in line for restitution
    Yes, it's difficult in this economy esp. for small businesses, some do live recevables month to month, and just like themselves I am sure there is a "Trickle Down"
    that some that owe them money haven't been on time so it magnifies a problem. I maybe wrong but if lines of communication and resolutions were kept open it
    can make a difference in resolution and perception.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I spent over an hour on the phone with Rob several days ago. Rob told me that his company is in fact suffering based on the results of the economic downturn several years ago.
    Keith, I didn't see anything here that suggesed that Rob says is working on this and plans to get it resolved?

Believe me I to know as others do here that there are times in business when things are difficult so I don't want
    to belittle that. It's not in how you handle success it's more how you handle adversity. We all have or will face it
    at sometime.
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    Yes, it's difficult in this economy esp. for small businesses...
    A short-term emergency cash flow issue is one thing, but "this economy" is five years old at this point. If a business hasn't yet adapted to the 'new normal', maybe they're not going to. And if adapting involves delaying payments to their creditors as a normal business practice, they should man up about it and not try to hide from them.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    A short-term emergency cash flow issue is one thing, but "this economy" is five years old at this point. If a business hasn't yet adapted to the 'new normal', maybe they're not going to. And if adapting involves delaying payments to their creditors as a normal business practice, they should man up about it and not try to hide from them.
    I agree, I think if there had been communications from Rob, instead of not answering phone messages it creates a bigger problem.
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Why hasn't this post been stopped? The OP made his point, it serves no purpose after that. I am a satisfied customer of Access, and feel the OP will be better served to deal with them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Why hasn't this post been stopped? The OP made his point, it serves no purpose after that. I am a satisfied customer of Access, and feel the OP will be better served to deal with them directly.
    The OP was not being served at all by dealing directly.
    That's why the initial post.
    I'm glad that your dealings have been satisfactory but
    as a small shop who has been looking into used equipment,
    I'd very much like to see how this gets worked out.
    We communicate here to share information. If there are concerns,
    where else should one go to find out but a forum of other users?
    And if there are concerns, why would someone want to stifle that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    The OP was not being served at all by dealing directly.
    That's why the initial post.
    I'm glad that your dealings have been satisfactory but
    as a small shop who has been looking into used equipment,
    I'd very much like to see how this gets worked out.
    We communicate here to share information. If there are concerns,
    where else should one go to find out but a forum of other users?
    And if there are concerns, why would someone want to stifle that?
    Interesting that someone thinks this thread should be stopped. The OP made the opening post and only 1 additional post regarding talking to someone that wanted to speak to him. He hasn't defamed or otherwise made derogatory remarks toward the other party. This thread continues because of all the others going back and forth about it.

I would expect everyone here would feel the same way he does if any one else was in his place. That he posted his situation to alert us doesn't make him the bad guy here

Just basing my thoughts on how other business comments get handled on this forum. Certain companies are staunchly cared for by the moderators. The fact that this post has turned into posts about business ethics, how the business should have adapted to the new norm, and how small businesses should be run, etc....We only know one side of the business deal, none of us know any details about the status of Access, and no speculations by others can add any insight or help for the OP. Just don't see how any of the comments really help or can correct the situation for the OP. Now if someone tells him about the legal system, filing claims, deals that have been corrected in the past with Access, deals that have gone badly, etc...., then there is value in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    business deal, none of us know any details about the status of Access, then there is value in the
    With due respect many come to this forum looking to buy a laser, many want a used one. Access has been recommended many times.
    Access is aware of that this issue now has seen some light and may moniter this forum, and open lines of communication. Keith (see above)
    has had a talk with access, so someone here does know some of the details. We all have dealt with things being "tight" or clients not paying
    for services rendered.
    So I think we all can relate. I've been on this forum for quite a while and I have seen issues raised about almost every vendor, I haven't
    noticed any preference from any of our moderators.

But I too believe this thread has run it's course, until we hear of a resolution......
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Access Used Lasers Update

Hello All,
    Call and e-mails to Robert and Diane Bosworth went unanswered last week.
    Not sure what to think about this.
    Joe Flores ( trying to retire)!
    Joe F.
    Graphtec FC 2230 Plotter
    Universal X-660 Laser

I have reopened this thread for a couple of reasons. There is one other person that I know of that is in an almost identical situation as Joe finds himself so this situation is still pending in two cases that involve SawMill Creek Members.

Secondly there are people who are following this thread with some serious interest.

Ok .. thanks, Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I'm not suggesting that Access doesn't owe or shouldn't pay their creditors. And my sympathies are certainly with the injured parties in this case but having once been in a situation where it was necessary to perform a juggling act to keep a business going and put food on the table and where it took me an unusually long time to clear my debt (without declaring bankruptcy) I have some understanding of the thought processes of a small business in trouble.
    I think Bernie Madoff said he was performing a juggling act also........last I heard that didnt turn out to well for him or the people he scammed.....
    Shenhui SH-G690 Laser
    Shark Pro CNC Router
    G0619/SX3 CNC Milling Machine
    Vytek Rebel CNC Router (Mach3 Conversion)
    Rostock MAX 3D Printer
    NextEngine 3D HD Scanner
    Epson Stylus Pro 9880 Printer
    Mighty Press Transfer Press
    Chinese Laminator