Thread: Ray Fine Order Timeline

Ray Fine Order Timeline

Well I am very happy my Laser arrived yesterday. I thought it would be of value to share the timeline of my experience.
    Jan 10th I Sent my first email to Blanca at Ray Fine. I received a response in one day.
    Feb 14th I finalized the configuration of the machine.
    Feb 15th I received the Pro-Forma invoice for the machine.
    Feb 20th Wire transfer sent from my bank.
    Feb 21st Received email aknowloging acceptance of the wire transfer.
    March 3rd Received picture of the assembled machine.
    March 5th Received link to youtube video of the machine cutting
    March 17th Received email notification that the ship sailed on March 14th.
    March 19th Received link for tracking shipment. Not very useful as it was mostly in chines.
    March 20th Received email informing me the projected arrival date was April 3rd
    April 13th First phone call and email from trans the shipping agent.
    April 18th I got import # from Revenue Canada and emailed it to shipper.
    April 24th received customs release and request for payment. Cost about 6.5% Purchase price. transferred funds.
    April 26th Received Quote for shipping transferred funds.
    May 10th Crate arrived. Arranging details were not good but I was given a very good price.
    Now everything is unpacked and I will need to see what is on the DVD about setup.
    I would have liked to know the timelines when I ordered. I know everyones experience is a bit different but as of now I have no complaints.
    Cheers,
    Dan
    Laser1.jpgLaser2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Norman View Post
    Well I am very happy my Laser arrived yesterday. I thought it would be of value to share the timeline of my experience.
    Jan 10th I Sent my first email to Blanca at Ray Fine. I received a response in one day.
    Feb 14th I finalized the configuration of the machine.
    Feb 15th I received the Pro-Forma invoice for the machine.
    Feb 20th Wire transfer sent from my bank.
    Feb 21st Received email aknowloging acceptance of the wire transfer.
    March 3rd Received picture of the assembled machine.
    March 5th Received link to youtube video of the machine cutting
    March 17th Received email notification that the ship sailed on March 14th.
    March 19th Received link for tracking shipment. Not very useful as it was mostly in chines.
    March 20th Received email informing me the projected arrival date was April 3rd
    April 13th First phone call and email from trans the shipping agent.
    April 18th I got import # from Revenue Canada and emailed it to shipper.
    April 24th received customs release and request for payment. Cost about 6.5% Purchase price. transferred funds.
    April 26th Received Quote for shipping transferred funds.
    May 10th Crate arrived. Arranging details were not good but I was given a very good price.
    Congrats on the arrival of your machine!

Seems it took a little longer than some others, right? Any idea what happened between April 3rd and April 13th? If I'm reading your notes correctly, it seems like there are 10 days unaccounted for there.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

BTW, you should add your machine details to your signature now that it's official. That way we don't all have to ask you what machine you have every time this or other threads come up.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Blog Entries
    Looks like almost a month getting thru customs and delivery to you from port. US is not nearly as slow, I had it thru customs in about 4 days and would have had it 4 days after that except for holdup by broker over dispute about lift gate service. (Which added almost a week to mine).

Looks good! Big machine isn't it!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Hey Daniel .... Glad your Laser arrived safe and sound ! .... looks really good .... enjoy your new toy

Brin
    Ray Fine 6040 80W RF Tube
    Chuck Style Rotary
    5000 CW Chiller

Congratulations with your machine. My RF 9060 has the same color scheme, I like it a lot, makes the mahine look less Chinesely.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Hope you are satisfied with the build, look forward to updates.
    My order, through Bryant, RF6040 80W started with payment on March 6th, but then; "upgrades", since then; holidays, pollution factory shutdown, waiting for approval, machine sent/not send, loaded/not loaded, can collect on May 11th, no May 15th, crate in custom on May 10th, then no, still at sea, only in port May 12th, another 12 days(or more), can collect May 25th ?(don't know where), but,
    been waiting 20 years to buy my own, so, a bit more patience, while reading advice, experience and struggles of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Downing View Post
    Congrats on the arrival of your machine!

Seems it took a little longer than some others, right? Any idea what happened between April 3rd and April 13th? If I'm reading your notes correctly, it seems like there are 10 days unaccounted for there.
    Well I know my customs clearance and shipping was much better than Brian's in Ontario. Timelines for early April seemed a bit sketchy: when did the boat arrive, unloading, and clearing customs. These times were what I was told to anticipate so I overall pleased with the process.
    Ray Fine 1390 80w
    Shopbot PRT Alpha 96"x48"

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Looks like almost a month getting thru customs and delivery to you from port. US is not nearly as slow, I had it thru customs in about 4 days and would have had it 4 days after that except for holdup by broker over dispute about lift gate service. (Which added almost a week to mine).

Looks good! Big machine isn't it!
    I mentioned it above timelines between arrival and contact seem a bit sketchy.
    I almost went to pick up the the crate myself. That would have been a mistake. This is MUCH bigger in person. lol
    Ray Fine 1390 80w

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Book View Post
    Hey Daniel .... Glad your Laser arrived safe and sound ! .... looks really good .... enjoy your new toy

Brin
    Thanks Brian, I appreciate your support through the process. I am actually hopping for a rainy weekend so I don't feel guilty about living in the shop the whole time.
    Ray Fine 1390 80w

Hi Jimmy, Initial build quality is about what I expected. I do not know about your shipping times and customs. Customs are not fast here but unlike my experience in Latin America they are not bureaucratic or corrupt either which makes things smoother. The weekend set should be interesting.
    Dan
    Ray Fine 1390 80w

12. Congratulations! My shipping timeline was very similar to yours. Two things concerned me the most about my experience with K Trans Logistics. They asked for my VAT number even though I live in Canada! I had paid for it to be shipped to Vancouver and for me to pick it up there since it was a lot cheaper. But the guy who contacted me from K Trans Logistics told me he thought it was shipping to an Edmonton warehouse. This had me on pins an needles for two weeks until finally today he confirmed I would have to pick it up at the Vancouver warehouse like I thought. The good thing was that since he mentioned it might ship to Edmonton that gave me the idea of asking him to quote me on getting it trucked to an Edmonton warehouse. It was only an extra $385 so that was great. You shouldn't use a freight forwarder unless you are willing to get a free gst and import number from CRA though.