Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawstop over blade dust collection?

i like that set up bill. great when tools serve double and triple duty.

Thanks for all the replies. I did some research today and confirmed that the dust collection blade guard is included with the 3hp motor so the kit is just for the plumbing. I also confirmed that shark guard has an overarm / overhead mount for their dust collection guards. I think the best thing to do is to get the mobile base with the promotion and use a length of hose and a string tied to the ceiling to rig up suction to the included guard and see how I like it. If it works, great, if it is lacking I will order the shark guard with overarm attachment and give that a try.

also, thanks for the heads up on the delay with the mobile base tied to the promotion...that would have been a nasty surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I've come to HATE all mobile bases (built-in or external or whatever) that don't have 4 freely spinning/rotating wheels. In my 2-car garage, it just isn't mobile enough. I just spent a fair amount of time, effort, and money to build my own mobile base with 4 fully free moving casters for my 1/2 ton MM jointer/planer. It is now an absolute JOY to move that mini aircraft carrier around my shop and I'm now going to slowly upgrade/replace all my tool's mobility mechanisms. I think it'll be the key to getting better arrangements of my equipment.
    I agree.

My jointer still has a mobile base with one freely moving caster and two fixed ones and I hate it. I haven't come up with a base yet to get 4 fully moving casters, but even my wife remarked about how much easier it is to move the bandsaw around than the jointer since it has 4 freely rotating casters. She was the one who was all gung ho for the industrial mobile base.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac McQuinn View Post
    When I had my Jet Contractor saw w/ CI wings, I installed a HTC mobile base under it. This had (3) wheels, (2) stationary and (1) which swiveled. Lock the fence down, grab the handle and go. It was very maneuverable in a 2 car garage and after using, I would slide it into a space with less than a inch on both sides. I feel the single swivel was the key to this, might be worth looking into.
    Mac
    This is the base I have and I really like it.