Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wholesale Glass Suppliers

Wholesale Glass Suppliers

Anyone got any good wholesale glass suppliers, specifically like drinking glasses (beer/wine), not plate glass? Would prefer someone with good quality options as well, possibly even crystal as well.

Thanks!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I haven't had the best luck with 'good' glass. Oddly enough, the stuff I end
    up using is from K-Mart and the like. Libby seems to work well and they
    have some plain styles that allow you some freedom of art placement.
    Good crystal didn't work well for me at all, although doing a vector mask
    and then sandblasting worked fine.

Probably not what you are looking for though.. just thought I'd throw
    that out there.

I buy a lot of glasses, wine glasses, clear plates, saucers, mirror, etc from Carolina Pottery. As much as glass weighs the shipping would eat up profit. I just checked and the closest to you may be Smithfield, NC. You may be too far to visit that location. It is well worth going to if there's ever anything that takes you through there. Right off I95. Lots of good ideas in there. I don't know of any other chain type places like it.

Check out Marck & Assotiates..........3w dot m-ware dot com
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

I just went back to their website looking around and they have some pictures of some of their glassware. Under the "Products" dropdown they have dinnerware and glassware. When you click to veiw a picture, you then have to scroll up to see it. Kinda strange.

Thanks! I'm trying to avoid the hassle of having to run from store to store to store to store to try and find the items I need when I get an order. Someone might order 50 glasses and that means trips to as many as 6 different stores to find stock, depending on what day of the week it is (good luck finding anything on Monday's). I'd like something a lot more consistent than "whatever brand Walmart is stocking this week".

I'll check out the sources listed. Thanks again!
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Steve

I use Glass America to make imprinted and etched glass as well as mugs. I don't know that they'll sell blanks.

(800) 645-5131 glassamerica.com
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

There should be a Hotel & Restaraunt supplier in your area, I 'd check them out. That way you don't have to deal with shiping issues.
    In St. Louis I use Ford Hotel Supplies...

http://www.fordstl.com/
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Thanks! I'm trying to avoid the hassle of having to run from store to store to store to store to try and find the items I need when I get an order.
    Sorry.. my post was to speak more to your comment about "good quality" glass
    rather than what store to go to...
    Once you have a brand name that works for you, a search will bring up
    hundreds of suppliers, and shipping by the case shouldn't vary that
    much from one to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    Sorry.. my post was to speak more to your comment about "good quality" glass
    rather than what store to go to...
    Once you have a brand name that works for you, a search will bring up
    hundreds of suppliers, and shipping by the case shouldn't vary that
    much from one to the next.
    No problem Chuck, I understood you. My post was really just reliving the past experiences I've had. I can't tell you how many times I've driven all over town for hours, getting to a store and finding 1 case when I needed 6, then heading to the next store, finding empty shelves, then to the next for 1 more case, etc.

Also, with buying things like that, we're always paying the retail pricing as well. Hoping to find some supplier that sells at wholesale prices. That's really my intent, wholesale pricing and good selection.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

1000 Dozen Glasses

I order from a company Called Deco West out of Las Vegas. They have pretty much whatever u can imagine in inventory.

They will even do custom coloring, tints, and all sorts of stuff... I ordered some clear glasses that i wanted to have a non etched/blasted look. I wanted a 2 tone color..

They can do a solid color glass then spray a color on top.. For example i recently had Red Glasses painted blue. When engraved u had a red on blue look. They manufacturer all the products, No middle man !!!... They use a blast furnace to bake the special paints on...

They are very cheap. We usually get around 1000 Dozen Glasses from this company every year. If u can put a liquid into it they have it...

Very good prices...

If u have a idea on color schemes or a design idea they will do the job and have the sample's to u very quickly.

Like the old saying goes. """Cheaper by the Dozen "" If that is a saying or is it a movie ?

Shipping can cost u some time though....
    To the people who correct grammar to prove a point

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I have recently been getting all my glasses from the dollar store. I keep about 50 of each item in stock so unless it is a larger job I am ready to go. I have found many times when ordering glass if I get a real good price on the glass shipping is often MORE expensive then the glass is. After a couple times doing that I figured I am better off buying them localy and paying retail price than I am buying wholesale and paying for shipping.

Although, I am not including my time or gas in the cost of the dollar store glass. But I only stop in there when I am already in town or if I don't have enough in stock to do a job and need some now.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

13. I've used Wasserstrom to order square shot glasses in the past. I believe the shipping charges were actually reasonable if I recall correctly.

Cheaper by the Dozen, a book by Frank B. Gilbreth about gowing up in a family with a dozen siblings. Dad was a 'motion expert' who saved companies money by reducing the motions workers went thru to manufacture product. The book is hillarious. I think there's a movie inspired by the book--never saw it.
    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves"-Albert Einstein

We get a lot from the Dollar Tree stores and website. They ship free to a store near you and you just go pick them up. While the inventory at the stores change, they offer most items all the time on their website.
    Epilog Mini 18 35 watt, Roland GX-24 Vinyl Cutter, Roland SP540 Wide Format Printer, Roland EGX300 Rotary Engraver, Flexisign 8.1, Coreldraw X3, Photoshop CS2.