Thread: Trend Airshield ???

Trend Airshield ???

Just got my Trend Airshield Monday. Did the required 24 hr. charge on the battery. Tuesday put the battery in and turned it on. Hardly any air blowing at all. Put it on and it is barely enough air to keep the faceshield from fogging up. Tried the little flow indicator the provide, didn't budge. What's the norm for the airshield? I've heard nothing but good things about Trend, but I would think the output should be more than what I'm seeing. Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby McCarley

When I got mine, I had a heck of a time making the charger stay on the battery. It seemed the lug sticking out of the cell was too short. I took the battery apart and "extended" the charging lug and that seems to be working better. It aint 100% but it sure is better. Maybe you have the same issue.?

I am on my 4th charge with the unit. The first 24 hour lasted about 3 hours, while the second charge lasted 1 hour, third charge 2 hour, and on the fourth charge I am a little beyond the 2 hours point. It seems to be improving and they said the battery will work optimal after about the 4th charge. I will being ordering another battery soon just because when it dies down you are bound to be in the middle of something that you most likely would prefer not to stop.