Thread: Recent work... initial progress

Blog Entries

Recent work... initial progress

This post is to give a few accolades to my newest purveyor of wooden supplies... Mr. Cruz.

I don't know if I twisted his arm or he twisted mine but... somehow we managed an arrangement to ship me some of his latest aquisition of maple. I received 4 pieces, these are the two smaller ones along with a piece of cherry that I am turning as a gift for a co-worker. Its wild... when you get in the roughing mode... wow do the chips pile up quickly... 35gal can packed full in a little more than 2 hours. I plan on finish turning these in a month or so. The file MC1 and MC3 are the same blank. Also.. finally got a good excuse to try out my Titan2 chuck... I like it alot! Now for the next woodcraft sale on them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brent,
    The Cruizer is a generous guy with an ample stock of maple. He sent me a sweet little piece for a hollow form once. One of these days I will get to return the favor. Meanwhile, a 35 gallon garbage can is way too small. Go for the gusto.....fill the swimming pool.
    faust

Brent, sorry I missed this! Glad to see you got to turning those blanks. Those a looking good.

Are you giving them a DNA bath, or what? Re-turning in a month might be a bit quick otherwise... Just finish turned some maple today and gave it some walnut oil while I think about what the final finish will be...
    I drink, therefore I am.