Thread: New Cole Jaw Gloat

New Cole Jaw Gloat

Picked up the 18" cole jaws for my VM120s. Could have used them last week, but now I have them.
    Cole Jawa.jpg
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Hey Nate! I've been wanting a set of these....it would make it easier than the "jerryrigging" that I end up doing. Let us know how they work for you.

Thanks, Mike

Where did you get that? I ask Mr. Google about them and he only referred me to your post here on the Creek and the one on Family Woodworking. I need a 16" one. I have the 16" Longworth Chuck, but it does not do the job for me when gluing up large segmented rings on the lathe. I don't think it was designed for this purpose; when it is extended out to hold a ring over 11 inches it has too much flex in it to hold the larger rings flat enough to get a tight bond. I'm thinking this one will.

When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Nate, I have a pair of the oneway mega cole jaws (16inch I think) and when they are whizzing around they can be quite scary, but I just got a new Jet 3520b that comes with a remote on/off switch so less scares for me now, also those big jaws make a nice fan when the weather turns hot
    just be careful not to spin them over there max speed, and be VERY careful of baggy clothing and such!!!

Have fun, and get that wood spinning!!!