Thread: Fast Joinery System from Eagle America

Fast Joinery System from Eagle America

Hi Folks
    Anybody have experience with this jig. Specfically does it produce tight joints.
    Link
    http://www.eagleamerica.com/product/..._-_router_jigs
    Dan

I saw this one at a Woodworking show and instead purchased the Multi-Joint Spacing System from Peach Tree. The one Peach Tree sells has tighter joints.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/multi_jjoint.htm

You can also find it on sale at half-price at most woodworking shows.

I have had one of these from Woodline for several years. I believe some other companies also have something just like it. I have played with it a bit, but have not yet mastered the learning curve to get tight joints.

I was mainly thinking of it for the the decorative joints to give boxes and small drawers a different look. I have DT and box joints covered with other jigs. Don't want to spend all that money if the joints aren't tight

I had the Woodline version. I think getting tight joints with one of these requires a perfectly centered and tight router bushing/router bit. It also requires considerable practice. I was able to cut a few tight joints, but usually had a tracking problem somewhere along the cut that resulted in either a non fitting or a loose joint. Another woodworker came along who wanted to try it and I sold it to him.

Charley