Thread: More turning

More turning

Well after getting the Invitation to put some of my turnings in Buffalo Bill Cultural Center I got a call Wednesday and another call yesterday. It was from the floral/craft store where I have some of my turnings displayed for sale and a gentleman that saw my turnings at the art gallery. The first call from the floral/craft store said a gentleman came in and wants 22 of my mini birdhouses. He wants 8 with cardinals and the rest whatever I want to make. I generally have $16 to $20 on them. He wanted to know if he bought that may if I could do a little better. I told him $14 each and I couldn't go any lower. He said great he would take them. So I have about a month to get them done. The other was a call from the gallery. Kay told me a couple came in and they want 20 peppermills. Good thing is they want cherry, walnut, cedar and maple. She said she gave them a price of $42 which is what I have been selling them for. Thankfully I have a month to do these. So it looks like the next month is going to a busy month.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Sounds like you'll be a busy guy, Bernie - congrats on the orders!
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2

That will sure keep you out of the Ale House for a while. Congratulations on the nice orders.

glad to see someone selling Bernie, almost seems like work,enjoy, success is its own reward

Don't know what your costs/profit are on those but sounds like a great month ahead.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Bernie, excuse me for a minute while I get my bullwhip to make sure you dont slow down for a while. Nice orders, Max

7. Looks like no grass will be growing under your feet for a few weeks, Bernie...........maybe the shavings pile, but no grass! Congrats on the great orders.....hope you don't have to have a vacation from retirement!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Man that's great! You are a VERY busy turner!

WOW - you're going to be busy! you must be feeling good about the demand for your turnings

That sounds like WORK, but if you enjoy doing it, it can be recreation. Have fun on the way.

Thanks everyone. I can honestly say at this point it is fun. Had a good day today with 7 birdhouses and 2 pepper mills done. Just came in from the shop. I guess since they said we are going to have a blizzard here tomorrow so hopefully I will have as good a day. Kinda tired this evening. My hands and wrists are a little sore but feel good about what I got done. Now I need to get up and get some tools sharpened for tomorrow.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I think snow is heading your way..so turn, turn, turn & then go shovel!!!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Thanks Michelle. Yep I will be turning some more today unless I decide to take a break after the chore. I am getting ready to go out and warm up the blower. We had 13" on the level before the wind showed up. Thankfully it was wet enough only the new snow blew but still have about a 3' drift across the driveway and a pretty decent one out back across the sidewalk and patio. So will be a while for this old man to get that all blown.
    Bernie