Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Spectrum Hobby Laser 5th Gen review

Yes, I just emailed John again asking about the control software. They are not far from me, maybe a 5 hour drive. I think the control software is LaserWorks but I swear he said LeadCNC which I can find nothing online about.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

LaserWorks / LaserCUT / LaserST all pretty much the same core program that's been modified to the sellers need Bill, pretty much all the Chinese machines use the same series of driver cards and controllers from Leetro (Step Servo) (6515, 6525, 6536, 6565, 6575(servo))

LeadCNC is a wholesaler of various CNC based bits of kit and software (Jinan Lede Cnc)

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Automation Technology is a good option too, although it does not look like you can get a 50-60W CO2 laser for less -- especially if you consider shipping
    Hmmm... I looked at AT. Emailed the owner about his 20x12 60W and at the time he didnt have what I needed. And his solution was below. Also, though he was very responsive they're apparently a China supplier being their own distributor in Illinois...

"If you need machine, we can ship machines to you from china office

It takes 30-40 days

We have 6 machines in China now and ready to ship out next week

Pls let me know or call me to discuss."

Directly importing to my door step? I'd check the return policy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Philman View Post
    Hmmm... I looked at AT. Emailed the owner about his 20x12 60W and at the time he didnt have what I needed. And his solution was below. Also, though he was very responsive they're apparently a China supplier being their own distributor in Illinois...

Directly importing to my door step? I'd check the return policy out.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    They also have machines in stock. I just got my Storm 500 from him, he had already ordered 6 of them. Had to wait until the boat came in, and then paid shipping from his Chicago office/ warehouse. Shipping cost was very reasonable, but I am only 350 miles away. I could not drive in and return gas price wise anyway for the shipping I was charged.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

5. I've had my 5th Generation laser cutter for about 12 months now, about 2 hours on the tube and it quit cutting. I called FSL and they told me that the tube went bad because I don't use it enough. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

And they tell you to order a spare tube that will sit on a shelf unused and be out of warranty when you need it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Montanye View Post
    I've had my 5th Generation laser cutter for about 12 months now, about 2 hours on the tube and it quit cutting. I called FSL and they told me that the tube went bad because I don't use it enough. Anybody have any thoughts on that?
    This would be a prime example of why I tell people to stay away from FSL. That is a complete excuse. If it died within that time frame, the tube was faulty.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I have just recently fitted a spare 60w tube to one of my lasers, that tube has sat gathering dust for about a year and half now; it is working better than the original. I would be having some stern words with FSL about that tube and ethics, if that was their response.
    Regards, John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Post My friend go this machine last weekend

I was cutting a bunch of acrylic for a friend/customer, but because of his schedule I had to stay late and sometimes for personal reasons I could not stay and cut the stuff for him. He asked me for my opinion about Full Spectrum so I did some research for him, and I told him I would not get it, of course from a monetary standpoint this was his only option (besides China).

He ordered on friday morning and it was on his doorstep the next day (North DFW, TX) which was awesome. He asked me to give him a hand installing it.

Quality wise is not bad for the price, but the fact that the tube is an exposed glass bottle , chilled with water using an aquarium pump, is a little iffy. Besides the laser not being aligned it was an straight forward install.

Didn't play with the software too much but seems pretty useful, At this point I will keep cutting bigger pieces for him and hopefully it is a good investment since he would like a bigger one, I hope it works for the people that gets them, in my case I would not gamble with these machines.
    Custom built PC Water Cooled Intel CoreI7 Gulftown 6Core CPU 3.597GHZ , 24GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 with triple 22" Monitors

*Epilog Mini 45W
    *Epilog Helix 24 60W
    *Epilog FiberMark 20W - Rotary Attachment
    *ULS V460 50W-Dual Head-Rotary Attachment-Vector Cutting Table
    *ULS VLS6.60 60W
    * New Hermes IS400IQ Rotary Engraver
    * New Hermes IS400TM Rotary Engraver
    *Vision 1624 Rotary

Late to this thread but in terms of FS Laser review I've talked to support when available. okay. But, in the
    last year FS' 2D lasers have really taken a back seat to 3D printers...add to that their support has always been
    inconsistent...feedback seems that its good till you have a problem.

Automation Technologies basically has rented space in Illinois but from my dealings with them it appears they have a 1 or 2 man outfit.
    But, they're really a China operation. Theyboffered to ship me a laser direct to my door step from China. So, they're not even going to
    inspect it in the U.S? Anything imported like that - especially machinery - typically will have problems. Looking at their 'about us' and
    'return policy' I'd stay clear especially when there's other USA based companies i.e. Boss, Jamieson etc. offer legit after sale service.

Just my 2 cents.

Automation Technologies basically has rented space in Illinois but from my dealings with them it appears they have a 1 or 2 man outfit.
    But, they're really a China operation. Theyboffered to ship me a laser direct to my door step from China. So, they're not even going to
    inspect it in the U.S? Anything imported like that - especially machinery - typically will have problems. Looking at their 'about us' and
    'return policy' I'd stay clear especially when there's other USA based companies i.e. Boss, Jamieson etc. offer legit after sale service.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from them and picked it up in Chicago. They spent a day with me showing me how to use it. I also had a controller go out under warranty and John sent one out the same day I called with the understanding that I send him the bad one back. I was only down one day as he got it in the system before his pick up and I had it the next afternoon

Maybe more positive posts and reviews will help us new guys lean more towards FLS in the future. As of now I dropped them from my list because of all the negative reviews.
    I'm still hoping to upgrade my list of tools.
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

I'm no fan of FSL to be sure but that said Hurricanes latest voyage into the laser market seems to be going to same way as the last attempt
    You did what !

Full Spectrum glass tubes

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    This would be a prime example of why I tell people to stay away from FSL. That is a complete excuse. If it died within that time frame, the tube was faulty.
    Can any one of you with RF tube experience verify whether this Full Spectrum glass tube claim is true or not? An excerpt of their this last email. I then asked them who makes their glass tubes and they won't reply. Contemplating whether to go glass or RF. I'm doing about 90% cutting with soft woods and extruded acrylic.

"Currently Full Spectrum is the only major US company to offer a glass tube system. All other glass tube based lasers on the market are going to be Chinese systems with Chinese control software being sold directly from China via ebay or alibaba or by a middleman company....RetinaEngrave makes our lasers as easy or even easier to use than the more expensive metal tube machines and also produces excellent raster and vector results of the quality level previously attained only by metal tube lasers.

Full Spectrum are not American they are an import assembled here. There's several companies here that sell glass tube imports with US support .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander