Thread: I am lost trying to order transfer tape.

I am lost trying to order transfer tape.

I asked a question awhile back about using transfer tape to prevent smoke damage on the surface of what I am cutting in the laser. I am finally getting around to ordering it. I want to lay it over 18x32 sheets of plywood when I am cutting it and it was suggested I get a medium tack, paper transfer tape. When I look online I can only find medium tack in clear which I assume is plastic, and in paper I can only find high tack. Can someone help me out here and point me towards a 18" or 20" wide roll of medium tack paper transfer tape? I assume it is out there but I can't find it. Thanks in advance.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Fellers dot com. You want paper, without question. Fellers will cut it any width you want it. Get it 1-2" wider than you need so you don't have to be perfect in putting it on.
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 03-13-2013 at 4:39 PM. Reason: corrected the autocorrect
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thank you Scott, I just got off the phone and ordered one roll.

Hans (35 watt YAG)

I use heavy tack for everything.. It sticks to stuff that medium wont, and works as a sandblast mask for quick jobs..Never any problem to remove..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Joe,

I ended going to a local sign supply shop, they had a variety of tacks and will cut it to whatever width you want. I also go with the high tack, seems to stick better, especially when cutting out pieces.

Todd
    Todd Schwartz - Des Moines, Iowa
    Universal VLS 4.60 (60W) / ShopBot Buddy / Sherline CNC Mill / MakerBot Replicator+
    CorelDraw X6 / Photograv 3 / FlashCut 4 / Aspire 9

High tack transfer paper is not as sticky as you might think and it is the only kind I use.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I ended up going with a medium tack paper. It doesn't stick to unfinished wood and it sticks to well to wood that is finished and sanded. Once I run out of it I will try a low tack paper.

Hans (35 watt YAG)

If you squeegee down high tack it will stick to well sanded unfinished wood, but I never work on unfinished wood. I can't imaging using light tack, the vent may blow it off of some items.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Joe

Before you buy light tack get some free samples from one of your suppliers. I find it to be worthless.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7