Thread: Bostitch Brad Nailer Problem...

Unhappy Bostitch Brad Nailer Problem...

Do any of you have one...On mine the yellow plastic nose piece keeps popping off, and now it won't stay on. Any ideas? I really like this nailer...is it okay to use without that piece? It seems like it would slip around without it? I've seen a few nailers & staplers at Lowe's on the discount table (used returns would be my guess) that where also missing these pieces, so I am assuming this is a common problem. Looking for some feedback.

I think it's ok

Hi Joe:

I have the bostich nailer and also had the little yellow tip come loose. I found that I was able to just push it back on and as long as I wasn't really torqing (?) down on the gun, it stayed on.

I also think that even if you can't keep that thing on, it wouldn't be the end of the world...the brad nailer doesn't use a great deal of force and I found that I didn't leave any real noticable marks (at least none that I couldn't readily cover with filler).

Speaking of filler...I found a pencil type by FamoWood that really worked well and just wiped level with a rag with mineral spirits. Worked like a charm. They have several colors available.

Good luck,
    Kurt