Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen 40W laser UNBOXING HORROR

Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen 40W laser UNBOXING HORROR

Just received my Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen 40W laser a few days ago, was really excited till i unboxed it and saw a broken glass tube.

The outer tube is still intact, it's the inner tube that is broken. Emailed them, send them pictures of the broken tube, and no reply at all.

I don't expect immediate replies but at least a next day reply to advise how i could solve this situation, or to assure that someone is getting on to this is not a lot to ask for.

While i have read many horrible stories about their after sales support , i still went ahead with the purchase, and so far it's proving to be a wrong decision.

I have 2 other larger lasers with 2 different companies and there is always a quick reply when it it comes to support.

The only time i have gotten fast response from them is when they can't accept my google check out payment because it is international funds and wants me to wire them the money.

Requested for an invoice to be emailed to me , no reply as well, it feels like no one seems to care if it's not about them getting paid, not a great way to do business.

I will continue to update on how this is being handled and then perhaps people can make better informed decisions on their purchases with this company.

Let's see if they can make this right.

image.jpgimage2.jpg

Well that sucks, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Just out of curiosity (honestly I'm not trying to start a huge debate or be sarcastic in any way) why after reading all the horror stories about FS did you buy a laser from them, and if you have 2 other laser with 2 different companies why not go back to them? If things go well for me I'll be getting a second and hopefully third laser and at this point I can't see any reason not to get other Shenhui if for no other reasons then the one I have is doing what I need it to do, and if I got more of the same, I could keep the same spare parts as well as I've already gone through the some learning curve.
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7

Well I hope they make it right for you but you are right they only care about money and give the customer a hard time. they will probably try to blame you for the broken tube, then make you pay shipping both ways for a new tube. What I'm hoping here is that someone from FSL will read this and then do you right just to to show there not all bad, but don't hold your breath.Come on Henry send this guy a new tube at your cost.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

The tube is not at his cost as GWeike has a 2 year warranty. He may want you to pay for shipping I would talk to GWeike and see what they have to say.

was the tube in a packing box or was it installed?
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Walt: I decided to buy that from them purely because it has the novelty of a removable base which i felt that i might be able to use it to engrave on tables etc. The other 2 laser i have are a larger co2 and a galvo from chinese companies, would definitely go back to them if i needed something larger.

Bert:Well that would really spoil this whole experience if they decide to blame me for this .

Jerome: So they get their tubes from Gweike?

Rodne: The tube came already installed and i think that is probably the problem. The Chinese companies always has thick soft form wrapped around the tubes and shipped separately.

Please keep us updated on this James.. I understand why u used the words Horror... I have much experience with ordering things from companies that are shady from china. U could order a $4000.00 Product and they send u a brick. If u complain all u get is short 2-3 word answers.
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 03-03-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Edited for Opinion
    To the people who correct grammar to prove a point

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I have to ask why this is a FSE issue and not a FedEx, UPS, DHL or USPS issue?
    It sounds like the tube was broken in transit.
    Once a manufacturer delivers an item to a common carrier, it is no longer their property.
    There are very specific regulations covering goods damage in transit and you should be contacting the carrier.
    I see that FSE has a $35 insurance that covers damage in transit with full replacement value.
    If you bought this insurance from FSE and they are not replying, then they truly are .
    They should reply no matter what, but it is the freight company that broke the tube and the freight company should do the reimbursement.
    The freight company may say that FSE did not package the machine correctly, and if they do, then FSE should step forward and replace the bulb.
    However, the first step should always be to call the carrier.
    Awaiting to hear how this plays out.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 03-03-2013 at 8:59 AM.

Installing the glass tube and then shipping the laser is almost a guarantee it will break in transit. Tell them to supply you a new one chop chop..it's their problem.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Dennis: Yes i did paid extra for that $35 insurance, the problem here is i should at least get a reply as soon as possible when such problems arise. But i give them the benefit that it may be weekend now so they may not be replying to mails.
    Will wait till the end of monday and see if there is any replies.

My tube died after less then 100 hrs of use. FSL told me "to bad my tough luck" oh and the tube was only 2 months old. It cost me over $400 dollars to have the tube replaced . I know its was covered from were they got it so they got my money and another tube for free, and I the customer got screwed big time.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

after having some experience with UPS and UPS insurance. If the laser was shipped UPS he is screwed. They will clain inadequate packing etc in order not to pay the claim. Trust me I know. Just google UPS insurance claims and you will get an education.

tami
    sandcarving and sublimation.
    Trotec Speedy 300/80 watt!

Quote Originally Posted by TAMI WILSON View Post
    after having some experience with UPS and UPS insurance. If the laser was shipped UPS he is screwed. They will clain inadequate packing etc in order not to pay the claim. Trust me I know. Just google UPS insurance claims and you will get an education.

tami
    We ship several hundred items to customers each year.
    My experience is that about 2% will become lost or broken.
    UPS breaks things. they once managed to break a 1x8 inch solid oak board across the grain.
    USPS loses things. Books shipped first class never arrive and never return.
    FedEx delivers to the wrong address and then lies and lies and lies.
    DHL, shipped internationally, must throw boxes out of the airplane; They come so beaten and distressed.

My policy is to just send a no cost new package to any lady that calls and says that something is broken or did not arrive.
    We do not bother to insure, we do not bother to make a claim.
    It is just not worth it. It is part of the cost of doing business.
    I guess that we are self insuring.

Since James Tam paid for FSE guaranteed delivery, then FSE should honor the claim, not the shipper.
    It is the weekend so I guess that we should wait a bit and see how this plays out.
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tan View Post
    The tube came already installed and i think that is probably the problem. The Chinese companies always has thick soft form wrapped around the tubes and shipped separately.
    FSL ships stuff this way to save on shipping costs... it's cheaper to ship one box of pre-assembled product than two (or more) of well-packaged product. It's an extremely dumb way to save a few bucks on something like this...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

It's not as simple as it's the freight companies fault. For example what if I put 100 eggs in a box with no packaging and shipped them UPS? Is UPS responsible for the broken ones, which would be all of them?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Mark Smith
    Tracy, CA
    Mark's Custom Woodcrafts
    Legacy Artie 58 CNC
    Hurricane Ivan 60 Watt Laser