Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen 40W laser UNBOXING HORROR

If you do have issues claiming , it might be cheaper and less hassle for you to buy a 40 watt tube from another company nearbye you , or even bring one in from china..it should cost anything between $200 and 300
    Keep us informed of what transpires , it might help others avoid the same mistakes or as a warning in respect of dealing with said company.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith61 View Post
    It's not as simple as it's the freight companies fault. For example what if I put 100 eggs in a box with no packaging and shipped them UPS? Is UPS responsible for the broken ones, which would be all of them?
    Fifty-five years ago, I remember the mailman delivering boxes of baby chicks to our farm.
    Not one was ever damaged in shipment.

The shipping companies have some pretty strict regulations concerning packaging.
    I know that FedEx requires 2 inches of foam encasement for any of our products that have higher than standard insurance coverage.
    The rules also say that any damage must be reported to the shipping company immediately.

For us, it is less expensive overall to just omit the $10 or so of extra packing and just send the item with the absolute minimum packing and set the $10 aside for the inevitable crunch.

My FSE laser came properly packaged. foam lined and double boxed.
    I suspect that James' was packaged similarly.
    There is a good chance that FSE just missed the broken inner tube and shipped it that way.

Our stuff almost never gets broken unless the box gets crushed.
    The box either gets there OK (98% of the time) or it gets destroyed.
    A four foot fall or being thrown into a shipping dumpster like the airlines do isn't the cause of our broken stuff.

It gets run through with forklifts and then backed over while the driver is trying to get it unstuck.
    We had one package delivered totally flattened with tire tread marks on it.
    Hey, I've backed over a few things in my life also.

The part that is a bother is that in 30 years of shipping thousands of items, some get damaged, but not ever, never, has a shipping company called and said, "we goofed and broke your stuff".
    Never.
    Our name is on the package along with our phone number, address, and customer number.
    Instead, some shipping companies just dump the broken, mangled carcass onto the customer's porch and drive off like thieves in the night.
    Others deliver what's left of the item and ask the customer to please inspect for damage and then tell them to file a claim.
    Then weeks go by, and no one returns the calls and nothing is ever reimbursed.

To put a little validity to what Tammy says in a message previous, more than a few women let us know that they "Hate UPS even more than they hate Comcast."
    Shipping, it is what makes business interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rech View Post
    It gets run through with forklifts and then backed over while the driver is trying to get it unstuck.
    That's exactly what happened to a sheet of Corian that was shipped via FedEx. I went to their depot to pick it up, I was in a hurry to get it and they would deliver it the next day or I could pick it up that day. I watched the kid getting it off the truck and he did exactly what you said - ran the forks through the box! He was put it on my truck and started to drive away. I ran after him and asked him about the gaping holes in the side and told him I saw him run the forks through it. He said, "do you want to open it to see if it's ok?", we did and found he had scratched both sides! One fork on the top and the other on the bottom - talk about bad luck! After convincing him I needed a claim form he found one and filled it out. To the credit of FedEx, they let me keep the piece and wrote a check for the new piece and next day shipping.

My claim situation with FedEx was always good. I never had a claim denied. And they were prompt.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quick update:

Still no replies at first (my initial mails went to Aurora & Grace), just send another mail to their support and sales mail and got a reply from Henry & Jeff.

And they offered to send the replacement tube, they also offered to take the laser back and install a new tube if i am not comfortable with the installation, so credit for this on their part.

And just for reference, i got the shipment via Fedex. And i also did like to show how the machine was packed, the machine in general is protected, you can see it is surrounded by the form covered with some black plastic, the form is not really the soft type. But might be better if there is some kind of shock absorbing protection on the tube, wrapped around or something.

I will continue to update on this and once i get the new tube installed, i would do a review on the laser and it's performance.

P3056806.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tan View Post
    And i also did like to show how the machine was packed, the machine in general is protected, you can see it is surrounded by the form covered with some black plastic, the form is not really the soft type. But might be better if there is some kind of shock absorbing protection on the tube, wrapped around or something.
    When I ordered my Chinese machine, this is exactly how it arrived from the factory. The difference is mine had two additional packages shipped with it... one for the laser tube itself and one for the remaining items (power supply, water pump, etc.). As I said before, FSL is trying to save a few pennies by putting it all together and shipping as one package under the guise of making assembly easier for the end user... horrible idea.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    When I ordered my Chinese machine, this is exactly how it arrived from the factory. The difference is mine had two additional packages shipped with it... one for the laser tube itself and one for the remaining items (power supply, water pump, etc.). As I said before, FSL is trying to save a few pennies by putting it all together and shipping as one package under the guise of making assembly easier for the end user... horrible idea.
    I agree with Dan......poor business practice to try and save a few bucks....
    Shenhui SH-G690 Laser
    Shark Pro CNC Router
    G0619/SX3 CNC Milling Machine
    Vytek Rebel CNC Router (Mach3 Conversion)
    Rostock MAX 3D Printer
    NextEngine 3D HD Scanner
    Epson Stylus Pro 9880 Printer
    Mighty Press Transfer Press
    Chinese Laminator

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    As I said before, FSL is trying to save a few pennies by putting it all together and shipping as one package under the guise of making assembly easier for the end user... horrible idea.
    I'm sure they save enough on shipping to more than cover the few tubes they have to replace. Self insurance like that is fine for the company but not so good for the unlucky customer who happens to be the recipient of the broken tube. If it were me, I'd pay the extra shipping and not have to worry about the unhappy customers, and bad reviews, that this is causing.

I agree, they should not ship the unit with the tube installed. However, I suspect the reason they do is that most of their customers who buy the hobby lasers are people who just want to plug-in the lager and go. If they received a machine and had to mount the sensitive tube, solder, and seal the connections with HV tape, the customers would complain about that. Also, how much damage and problems would be linked to tubes instaled backwards and bad arcing connections?
    I was an engineer for TI back in the very early days of calculators. We built a desktop hexidecimal/octal calculator called the SR22. Although the calculator was a desktop unit, TI sold an optional battery pack. The pack consisted of several D-size NiCad batteries capable of delivering tremendious power. You would not believe the incredable burned-out carcases of SR22s that were returned after the customers installed the battery pack wrong.

I have never seen a glass tube in a laser. Is this something they only use on cheap chinese stuff?
    24" x 36" 100 watt laser w/ pass thru and custom 36" rotary • 60 x 120 CNC w/ 8 tool changer • 62" film laminator • 54" 6 color mild solvent printer / cutter

Newest addition to the family.... 60" x 120" flatbed UV printer. 4" max part height.

Synergy Sign & Graphics LLC
    147 Stoutt Drive NE
    Strasburg, OH 44680

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I have never seen a glass tube in a laser. Is this something they only use on cheap chinese stuff?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=laser+tube+image
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408