Thread: DeWalt DW746 Table Saw Side Table Question

DeWalt DW746 Table Saw Side Table Question

I was wondering if anyone knew the width of the legs on the side extension table on the DeWalt DW746 Table Saw. I am planning on building a mobile base/cabinet setup and the picture make it look like they are wider than the legs on the actual saw. Before buying the side table I was wanting to get some dimensions. I would like the base width to be the same width as these legs. Any help would be appreciated.

hi john

I saw your post and assume you have DW745 which I am considering vs rigid and bosch. Are you happy w the saw and do you like the rack and pinion fence? I understad that you cannot cut 3/4 dado but can you do a 1/2 inch dado?

Would you buy the saw again or opt for Bosch/rigid

thanks and happy new year

Tom,
    I actually have the discontinued Dewalt dw746 not 745. The 746 is a hybrid table saw which is a combination of a cabinet and contractor table saw. Sorry I can't help you with that specific model. I do know getting parts are quick and easy if needed. I am not sure how Bosch or rigid are. I would think Bosch would be pretty easy to find but with rigid your dealing with a Home Depot private brand. I own a lot of other dewalt tools and have been very pleased. Dewalt is well worth the money. That being said I also worked at Menards in hardware for a while and saw a lot of the Bosch model your talking about go out the door and not come back. Hope this helps.

If you find a source for dw 746 accessories, please share. I also have the saw and want to purchase the cast iron wing, but cannot find any accessories available anywhere. I have the extension table. the legs are the same width as the saw.

Correction!

The legs for the extension table are indeed wider than the legs on the saw. Sorry for the misinformation. The legs are the same width as the depth of the cast iron table front to back.