Thread: country hutch

country hutch

Hi - this is my 1st post on this site... but I feel at home. I just finished remodeling our kitchen and because we have an old farm house. I wanted a country hutch in the corner. When I think "country", I think painted furniture, not real fancy, but warm. And because I was painting it, I built this hutch from pine. Didn't want to spend $$$ on nice hardwood if I was painting it.
    countryhutch.jpg

That's really cool and nice!

Looks great Bernie! Welcome.

Tell us more about it - what flavor construction did you use? What type of paint?

Todd

Welcome Bernie, it looks terrific. If you hadn't said you made it, I would have thought it had been around for ages.

Thanks for the interest... I'm new to this forum, but not woodworking. I'm self taught and been making sawdust for over 30 years. Until 3 years ago, I was busy raising 4 boys, being Scoutmaster, working and... Then I retired. My skill level has gone from weekend warrior to craftsman.

Face frame is mt joinery and doors are panel construction. The back is interesting, made from cherry flooring boards with a bead cut into them. The top is furniture grade ply. On the inside, I have adjustable shelving. It was a fun project.

Hi Bernie, welcome to the Creek. Your hutch turned out great.

Sam