Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sawstop zero clearance insert

I have used the Infinity insert zero clearance plate for over four years. I have never encountered any problems that I would not expect with other zero clearance plate with other cabinet saws.

Thanks, Jim. What type of problems would those be? Overall fit? Leveling?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Old thread, but I can't seem to find any others on the Infinity inserts for the PCS. I'll be ordering the PCS Thursday, and am wondering about which way to go: $40 a pop for the SS inserts, or $100 for the Infinity with several slide-in inserts. Anybody using the current iteration of these things?
    Since my earlier comments in this thread I have acquired a PCS. Prior to that I started refreshing the fit of my ZCI's with epoxy; generally epoxy left over from whatever I am using it for . I put a piece of packing tape on the top of the zci covering the slot. Flip it over and drizzle the epoxy on.

ZCI repair (1).jpg

Once cured I re-cut the slot.

ZCI repair (4).jpg

I've been using the same ZCI for years. I use the original pre-cut plate for angled cuts and of course, have a dado insert but, the same ZCI just keeps on going.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Wow, great tip, Glenn. As always, you are one of several posters here that I pay close attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    I think I'm covered on blades. My present saw is the SS Jobsite, and I've been using a couple of Woodworker II blades on that, one regular and one thin kerf (they're both now at Dynamic Saw being resharpened). I mostly use the regular kerf blade except on the rare occasion that I need to rip thick stock. I'm getting the 1.75 hp PCS, same rated horsepower as the Jobsite, so I may still need the thin kerf blade occasionally. It's a good blade, but I think I do notice some deflection with it at times.

Just waiting for the calendar to flip over to March so I can get the SS promotion...
    Oh man, well in that case put the extra money towards upgrading to the 3HP! You get the upgraded dust/blade guard with the 3HP and that works with the overarm dust collection accessory that you can get for free. Then get the ICS mobile base if you need a mobile base.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Unfortunately, the 3hp version isn't an option for me. No 220v in my shop/garage. I'm a renter and the landlord says no modifications.

Not really worried, as my projects are pretty much small. Boxes, cutting bosrds, etc., and it's very rare that I cut anything over 5/4. Ordered the saw this morning from Acme, through Amazon. Hopeful for delivery sometime next week.

I am going to put it on the Industrial Mobile Base, which came in today.

I really don't think my modest dust collector (1 hp, 650 cfm) will handle both under table and overarm dust collection, but I'm told it's plenty for just under the table, so I think what I'll do is just put whatever promo item I get in the Classifieds here. If anyone reading this is looking for the Overarm Dust Collector or the Integrated Base for the PCS, shoot me a PM. I'll make you a deal.

Now comes the hard part, waiting for the damn thing to get here.