Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSI laser tubes vs RECI

I have found one more after WkLaser sales person recommended it
    https://yllaser.en.alibaba.com/produ...367.0.0.x2JY4W

It is either DLT-280(280W) or DLT-300(300W) model. Both have two tube design inside and working from two power supplies. So if I go with it I won't need a Brewster window and may be able to connect them to the HVPS from GSI tubes. And I guess I should worry about polarization as beams should be combined inside the unit.

The price is not bad, $5000 for DLT-280 and about $7000 for DLT 300
    GCC Spirit GX Pro 100W(synrad)
    Laserlife Ezlaser LCW 300W(Yongli DLT-300)

They aren't bad but they run hot...very....the actual output is the same as the EFR's but they tend to quote peak (YongLi), be aware, the first mirror is a circular polariser if you come to replace it inside the box and they aren't cheap ($400) the yongli is a folded resonator as well rather than a true dual cavity, that tends to cause a lot of heat at the semi/partial join (that's what usually blows up)

As yet the twin tube single body tubes haven't had a great run of success with the F220's that I know of going bang inside 50 hours (3 of them), the EFR is $4,200 inc 2 chillers and 2 power supplies.
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    They aren't bad but they run hot...very....the actual output is the same as the EFR's but they tend to quote peak (YongLi), be aware, the first mirror is a circular polariser if you come to replace it inside the box and they aren't cheap ($400) the yongli is a folded resonator as well rather than a true dual cavity, that tends to cause a lot of heat at the semi/partial join (that's what usually blows up)

As yet the twin tube single body tubes haven't had a great run of success with the F220's that I know of going bang inside 50 hours (3 of them), the EFR is $4,200 inc 2 chillers and 2 power supplies.

I have emailed to ERF today too and they have replied that they sell f220 for $3500, it includes and I will quote Frank "1 set power supply free and the first polarized reflector free". Not sure if F220 needs two power supplies or one. And they emailed me a picture of a glass tube without metal case stating that it is a picture of F220 III DC.

However if you say they can go bad within 50 hours I do not want that even for less.

I have also got a quote from WKLaser for this machine http://www.gwklaser.com/laser-produc...-laser-72.html and with DLT-280 tube for USD$18500
    I like the machine, its size and the gantry style tube mount but if you say that tube is not good that may be a deal breaker. I was considering to get this one and sell the one with one tube covering at least 70% of the new laser cost.

WkLaser can also sell the DLT-280 tube only for $5000 which is cheaper than buying directly but they did not mention if it comes with power supplies or not. It needs to come with two HVPS as it seems to be the same design as F220.

So I guess I am back to 2x RECI or EFR glass tubes. The only thing that stopping me from buying two reci tubes is that I still have no answer from RECI about their tube parameters.

My MFG has surprised me today a lot. Instead of answering my questions about "will that tube work and may be that one will work" with all the links for these tubes specs provided they have just replied to me that I should ask a tube supplier what I can use instead of GSI tubes. I do not understand it, they have made a lot of machines with these GSI tubes, they should expect a lot of customers to come back asking for replacements at some points but instead I am the one looking for a replacement and they do not even want to answer my questions.
    Last edited by Mike Lysov; 05-25-2017 at 6:37 AM.

Dave, since you have been using ERF tubes, would you recommend their ZS-2050 or ZS1850?

And if someone can comment of RECI W8 that would be great too.

I could not find any detailed specs for W8 but found one guy on Aliexpress who says about W8 tube "Beam polarization mode: Linear reasonably" :-)
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...263041518.html

I will ask ERF about specs for their ZS-2050 and ZS1850 directly.

The ZS1850, it peaks at 180 - 190 comfortably and like pretty much all basic DC tubes are linear polarisation, with RECI there are a LOT of fakes on the market.

They don't tend to answer because they don't have tubes that are drop in replacements,it takes a LOT of work to align two tubes without having the exact factory specs and most low cost tubes aren't made with that tight a tolerance.all of the folded and twin resonator tubes at a budget cost come with the same heat problems, first sign of restricted water flow and bang...

I'll find out if a buddy of mine has had any luck with using the more powerful 6000 series chillers as heat does seem to be the root of the problem
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post

Actually I have just asked a guy from Yongli about overheating for DL-280 and reminded him about all problems with an EFR F220 tube and he replied the following "The EFR is a two-core technology and we are beam combined device. The two are completely different In addition, we know that the EFR tube is no longer sold. So don't assume that the two are the same product The lifespan of our beam combined is over 10000 hours. We dare to compared with any one enterprise industry and products, especially in the aspect of combined laser beam, even more outstanding, so you can fully understand before you make a decision."

Not sure what he means by "beam combined device" but may be they have two separate tubes inside and combine beams before they leave a metal case. But only if that's true it is different from F220 as I can see by their picture of F220 that it is two core tube.
    I have asked the guy to send me a picture with the top cover of the metal case removed so I can see what's inside. Bu he says he cannot do it. He promised me to explain later the difference between DLt280 and F220 though

UPDATE: The guy has sent me a drawing and I can see it is completelly different designs. he drwan both designs for f2200 and dlt280.
    F220 has two cores(basically it is just a single "U" shape folded tube while DLT 280/300 is built from two completelly separated tubes and with combiner installed inside the metal case. Basically If I put my two GSI tubes inside a metal case and put a Brewster window to combine beams inside the case it will be exactly the same design. Sounds interesting and the best option so far.

Dave, do you think it can still suffer from overheating? Are Yongli glass tubes alone good in general?
    Last edited by Mike Lysov; 05-26-2017 at 12:00 AM.

BTW, the chiller I have is quite big in size and I believe is very powerfull. The unit size without wheels is 80x60x40cm

Not sure how much water it can pump but it cools it quite quick. There is no manual with parameters and it does not look like a regular water chiller sold with Chinese lasers.
    I think my tube is died because the chiller had a water level at the minimum allowed and when it was powered it first pushed a lot of bubbles for a minute and only after this time it was pushing water without any bubbles. I have just topped it up with more water bringing its level almost to a maximum allowed and there are no bubbles at all.
    It holds at least 20-25 liters of water.

The manual for my laser says: "DC 280W: The System Requires a 8000BTU chiller. It needs a 220V, 6A power input.. A 0.5” outer diameter and 8mm inner diameter hose with a minimum flow-rate of 5 L/min or greater." It does not say if it is per tube flow or per two. If it is supposed to be for two tubes combined and my chiller can pump only 5L/M then may it is a chiller problem that my tube is dead. GSI says my tube model needs 4 L/M for a single tube.

Yongli are entry to mid level tubes, better than Tongli, not as good as SPT and again a step down from RECI and again from EFR.

Two tube setups are great, until one of the tubes dies, then you have one hell of a job fitting a replacement and getting all the optical alignments right
    You did what !

Are you still in Brissie, or back in Melbourne, Mike?
    And what sort of stuff are/were you cutting that needed a double head/280W, if you don't mind me asking?
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Hi Ian, sorry I did not see your post in this thread.

I am in Brisbane now, we have moved to Brisbane permanently.

I purchased this machine about 4 years ago to cut MDF shapes. I do letters and words on it from 9mm and up to 18mm thick. It did it really well with 480mm/m speed for 18mm or 600-700mm/m for 16mm thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lysov View Post
    Hi Ian, sorry I did not see your post in this thread.

I am in Brisbane now, we have moved to Brisbane permanently.

I purchased this machine about 4 years ago to cut MDF shapes. I do letters and words on it from 9mm and up to 18mm thick. It did it really well with 480mm/m speed for 18mm or 600-700mm/m for 16mm thickness.
    Just want to give a feedback on DLT-300. I have been using it for more than 2.5 years and I have not had a single problem with it.

Also selling my two GSI SLC140BP 140W tubes with power supplies for $2500 AUD. I was quoted by a company in UK about $5000 for regas both and replace an electrode on one of them.

Just to follow up on Yongli DLT-300. Since I got it I have never had any problem with it apart from one power supply stopped working. Got a replacement 2 years ago and it still works like a charm. I stopped measuring output but I still use the same speed & power settings to cut same material as with the tube being brand new.

BTW, if anyone wants my GSI tubes I have listed them on ebay at https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/134096190241

P.S. not sure why I held on them for a few years. I hope its listed price is ok considering one still works and there are two power working supplies it is coming with.
    Last edited by Mike Lysov; 04-24-2022 at 8:50 PM.