Thread: Bolt action pen with deer antler

Bolt action pen with deer antler

Couple of days ago I posted a request for how to whiten deer antler, this is that antler on a bolt action pen from PSI. This is for my son-in-law as a thank you for giving me several antler sheds from his farm. As you can see, the antler is mostly white, though actually not as white as in the picture indicates. It still has some marrow staining on the underside of the pen in photo 1.

Bullet pen 01.JPGBullet pen 02.JPG

I have one more question on this pen. The pocket clip is right next to the " bolt", and I was wondering how to move it about a quarter turn to get it away from the "bolt". If anyone has done this, I would be interested in how they did it.
    The hurrier I goes, the behinder I gets.

Possibly cut a slit as required with a dremel in the top ring after taking and unscrewing the top to the pen off.

Nice job Tom!! IAP has a tutorial about how to fix that very issue with that pen!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Thanks for the tip, Jim. Really simple, once someone else figures it out. Should only take a few minutes to do.
    The hurrier I goes, the behinder I gets.

Also be aware there is already a notch 180 degrees out that is pre cut Also the bolt can be rotated by taking a phillips and loosening the screw inside the pen. With the pen already together it will take a long thin one to reach the screw.