Thread: Simple Shelf

Simple Shelf

Here is a simple shelf that I finished just in time for valentines day. It was a really easy build and required very little lumber. I think it would be a good project for someone of any skill level. If you would like to see my step-by-step process you can check out my blog.

http://thechristiantoolcabinet.wordpress.com

Click the link on the right for "Simple Shelf" to filter out other posts (not too many of those). Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you...
    1 Thessalonians 4:11

Very nice project! It's cool.

Nice clean work.

I am looking to build some ledge shelves. Last time i did them i put a blind dovetail 'cleat' on the wall and slid the shelf over it. Hard to make ( i had no router table at the time) , points to the uneven nature of a sheet rock wall, and completely an overbuild, in my mind. This time i am considering options, including keyhole fastensers. I see that is what you used to attach your shelf to the wall.

Nice work; nice blog.

TY

Thanks guys. Yes, the keyhole fasteners worked great. I wouldn't hang on the shelf, but it is plenty strong for its intended use. The drywall anchors are great too. Easy to repair if you move them and super easy to install. The only downside is that small adjustments would be difficult. I hope the blog is helpful because it is a bit of work.
    that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you...
    1 Thessalonians 4:11