Thread: Easterners - now how's the weather?

Easterners - now how's the weather?

You are no longer in the news now that the snowstorm is over. But I have lived in very cold areas and I know the snow does not magically and suddenly melt, that ice forms from the snow that does melt, and that icicles and snow dams form on the roofs.

So how are you?

Brian Kent
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I got a light dusting of snow. 5 miles east they got 4".

Last weekend we got 12" or so of wet, heavy snow on the Cape. Winds gusting to 65-70 mph, and then a cold freeze which glued everything together. It didn't melt much this week despite the 40-45 degree weather as there was just too much water in the snow. Now, we are supposed to get a coastal storm overnight and Sunday with up to 10-12" of snow possible. It has been a strange winter as we don't usually have snow cover for long, but we have had snow on the ground since mid December. Last winter we rarely had a nighttime temperature below 30 degrees, little snow, and we got our gardens planted 30 or more days early. I guess you can never tell...... but I've had enough already.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian

We're warm here in Ct.
    Shoveled the roof, raked and cleared the steep pitches and cleared the gutters and eves. Shoveled everything away from the house and provided drainage for the coming rain. Not much icicles. Supposedly we have another couple inches coming tonite.

I wasn't overly worried about "the blizzard", it was the forecast 3 days later for rain that had me more concerned. Rain on top of 2+ feet of snow is bad.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Brian

We're warm here in Ct.
    Shoveled the roof, raked and cleared the steep pitches and cleared the gutters and eves. Shoveled everything away from the house and provided drainage for the coming rain. Not much icicles. Supposedly we have another couple inches coming tonite.

I wasn't overly worried about "the blizzard", it was the forecast 3 days later for rain that had me more concerned. Rain on top of 2+ feet of snow is bad.
    No kidding. What I hate the worse is driving on black ice.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

After the "big" storm of 30+ inches he temperature has been in the mid 30s . We had 2 inches yesterday morning-all gone by late afternoon. Another dusting this AM.
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners