Thread: How to remove a Delta Unisaw Motor

How to remove a Delta Unisaw Motor

I need to remove the non working motor from my Unisaw table saw. Does anyone have advice on how to do that? It is not clear to me how to remove the pin it is hinged upon. Thanks in advance for any help.

I like to leave the belts in place when removing the motor. The pin has spring clips on both ends. Remove the back spring clip & pull the pin out from the outside. If the pin does not come out easily, you may need to put some penetrating on the pin. If it is real bad, you may need to drive the pin out with a punch.

Thanks Chris. Mine only has a pin on the inside, closest to the saw blade. The outside has nothing to grab onto to pull. It is hard to punch it from the inside, as there is no room to swing a hammer. I will try penetrating oil. Thanks again.

If you make sure the pin will not hit anything inside the cabinet, you can use a punch & drive it in.
    Before you put the pin back in, clean it & put a light coating of oil on it.

Chris, it worked!! Thanks so much for your help. After letting the penetrating oil soak in, I was able to tap from the inside with a small hammer until I could get a grip with pliers on the outside. After a few rotations, it slid right out. Thanks again!!
    Alan