Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little boxwood oil marker I "made"

This reminds me of some of my infernal metal oil cans,especially pumpers, which there seems to be no way of stopping them getting fully gunked up with oil all over their outer surfaces!! And,they sit only upright when not in use!!!! I think if I ever buy a new oil can with the bottom you "click" to start the oil flowing,the first thing I'll do is melt solder inside them and run it all around inside the bottom seam!!!!! Even that will probably not work.
    Last edited by george wilson; 02-12-2013 at 9:24 AM.

I ve noticed that oil can messiness too. Sometimes it's the oil itself .Ballistol will climb the sides of the cans,put it in a pump spray bottle and it does the same thing ,no matter how tight the top is it gets all over the outside.

Even my 1 piece plastic bottles of Starrett instrument oil(just high grade mineral oil) creeps up out of the bottle. I'll tell you what creeps: DMSO. I tried that smelly stuff on my aching joints years ago. It is only a few atoms away from being garlic juice,from what I could tell in my 1903 chemistry book!!

When I saw those tubes, I knew there would be many reasons I needed one. Now I know one. Very clever.