Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is It?......

Thanks for all the replies (and guesses ) but I believe Keith has pinned it down!
    I didn't mention before, but the closing retail store was a Kmart (where I worked part time for 2 years) so I didn't think the tool would have been use for anything relating to the operation of the store....

.....In the early to mid '80's the store did have a Car Care Center that did oil changes, shocks, tires, etc. but I don't believe they messed with any window moulding gaskets(?) ......but you never know!!!

p.s. - Come to think about it....in the early '80's, the sliding back glasses for pick-ups were pretty popular and a lot of garages did install them (I've installed several but I used a heavy cord soaked in WD40 around the gasket) and I know that Kmart sold the back glasses.....Hmmmmmm, maybe they installed them too, and the tool was use to help out with stubborn gaskets (?)
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

Looks a lot like the tool the Urologist used to perform my vasectomy!!!!

I agree with the others - its a dental tool

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    Looks a lot like the tool the Urologist used to perform my vasectomy!!!!
    Strange that you noticed the tools your doctor used while cutting you? When he did me I laid there eyes closed trying to breathe as best I could and get out of there as fast as possible never saw a single operating tool the whole time and didn't want to. The whole procedure was very uneventful and I was surprised that it wasn't the horror story I had heard about. I didn't have any real lingering issues with the procedure and didn't really lose any work or play time over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mayo View Post
    Strange that you noticed the tools your doctor used while cutting you? When he did me I laid there eyes closed trying to breathe as best I could and get out of there as fast as possible never saw a single operating tool the whole time and didn't want to. The whole procedure was very uneventful and I was surprised that it wasn't the horror story I had heard about. I didn't have any real lingering issues with the procedure and didn't really lose any work or play time over it.
    I have always been interested in what goes on when being worked on. The tools may have improved since I got mine 25 years ago. And yes, it was a piece of cake; done on Friday, working on Monday. No nightmares and a way easier process than a tubal ligation for a woman.

I know it's not a tool for tieing rebar, they have an offset so you can crank it to twist the wire..