Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jessem Mast-r-slide

Just to add another direction to this thread, I have both the Jessem and the smallest Excalibur slider. Currently the Jessem is on the saw, but I actually prefer the Excalibur and will put it back on the saw one of these days. Of course, I do not move my saw, so the legs don't bother me.

Rick Potter

I've got the sawstop pcs 1.75HP, and was about to start on a sled when I saw this thread. What do you think, would you recommend it? Do you move your saw around? I have my saw on wheels, and do move it maybe twice a month.

I've had the Jessem for several years and like it a lot. It's currently mounted on a Sawstop PCS, previously it was on a contractor's saw. You need to remove the left wing of the saw and cut or move the rails. I bought the Sawstop new and cut the rails to make room for the slider before I made the 1st cut with the saw, which gives you an idea how much I like the slider. It takes ~ 1-2 hours to get it aligned and setup properly, after which it's maintenance free. I can cut perfect miters using stop blocks, and get accurate 90 and 45 degree cuts using only the scale. I've used it for everything from small boxes to mitered cabinet doors, to a large fireplace mantle. My shop is a 2-car garage and the saw faces the door to allow for long rips. I routinely rotate the saw 90 degrees to cross cut long pieces, and haven't used my miter saw for years. It can't compare to a true slider for processing sheet goods, but works quite well for the type of work I do.

Just an FYI on this, I called Jessem today to find out about this item. They said they no longer carry it, and have not immediate plans for carrying it in the future. They said they were having issues with quality control-so they stopped making them.

I admit-I never heard of or saw one of these things before, but was just researching sleds, as I need one for a piece I want to make, and stumbled on this thread. The thing looks great, so I'll be scouring the net(like the rest of you) looking for one. Any of you guys that have one sitting in a box, that have never opened, and don't think they will realistically get around to installing it, let me know...