Thread: Kudos to customer service at Vega

Kudos to customer service at Vega

I had been looking for a Vega lathe duplicator for some time and finally found one on Craigslist, however it was 5 states away. The pictures supplied by the seller showed a smattering of parts and I wasn't sure what was included and the seller hadn't actually used the machine so couldn't identify everything he had for sale. I called Vega and asked for some help identifying some of the parts. I sent them the Craigslist pictures and they were incredibly helpful even though I wasn't interested in purchasing anything from them. After I was shipped the duplicator, I had some additional questions about reassembly.....Vega responded right away with help on the phone. This is the type of customer service we used to take for granted, but not always what you get these days. Kudos to Vega for awesome customer service!

BTW, these are very well built USA machines.

Bob

Vega is a great company. I own an eight foot duplicator I bought for making bed posts. I second your comments about their customer service. When I started turning those eight foot posts I was more than a little intimidated, and I called Vega and talked to Randall several times.

Since then I have bought several attachments for the duplicator as well as the carbide cutting system. All their equipment is simple, ingenious, and well made.

Vega used to make every machine under the sun. They are located about 40 miles from me. I toured their 44,000 sq foot shop. Its mostly filled with tools no longer used. Fences, lathes and the best sub $2K oscilating edge sander ever made are still being produced - the shop has very few employees anymore. They are sooo nice though. I love the edge sander I have of theirs!

I have some pictures here - http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...20Enterprises/
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Vega... and the best sub $2K oscilating edge sander ever made are still being produced - the shop has very few employees anymore. They are sooo nice though. I love the edge sander I have of theirs!

/
    I've got one of the Vega edge sanders also. Can't say whether or not it's the best ever, but it is VERY well put together. Super nice. I have even experimented with using it to sharpen jointer knives, and it works OK for that. Normal edge sanding is a non-issue. Fast, easy, almost fun. I've got the end table also, so it's good for making patterns, and that sort of thing.

Not best ever - just best under $2K new.

I've been wanting an oscillating edge sander. Vega is first on my list for a new one.

I just hope they continue to do enough business to remain afloat.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Good news if you buy one I doubt you would EVER need any support other than buying more attachment/tables for it. It is seriously a graphite covered machined I beam and a super huge 2hp leeson motor and a baldor oscillating gear motor. All steel made. Crazy thick phenolic table.