Thread: Epilog Rocks

Thumbs up Epilog Rocks

If anyone has any question about how fast repair parts can be had for an Epilog Laser. Here is the tracking for a motherboard I ordered Monday evening and received the next morning:

28/01/2013 5:30 P.M. Order Placed
    Colorado
    28/01/2013 6:48 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    28/01/2013 7:22 P.M. Forwarded to the facility in the destination city.
    29/01/2013 3:40 A.M. Departure Scan
    Ohio
    29/01/2013 6:20 A.M. Arrival Scan
    29/01/2013 6:57 A.M. Out For Delivery
    29/01/2013 9:46 A.M. Delivered
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

You lucky you live in the US...
    I've had parcels take 3 days from overseas and hang up here for 2 weeks in the post office customs section due to poor staff or no staff ....
    Takes 3 days to travel 10 000km and then takes 14 days to travel the 5km from PO to us.
    At any rate , Kudo's to Epilog for the support..glad you back up and running , it's always an angst filled time when your precious/production machinery goes down and you aren't sure what it is or how long it will take to fix..
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Tim,

That's the reason we have two Epilog 36EXT's. We joke that our lasers print money (we joke because they are always busy). We can't afford to have them down. Mission critical machines, so that is why we chose Epilog.

Tim, I've had the same experience with Epilog. They have never, ever failed me. How refreshing!

Same here. I can also add that I haven't needed support in years, the machine runs like a swiss watch. But when I did, they came through with parts and help ASAP, best customer care I've ever experienced. I just wish they would include more diagnostic and tune up info in the manual which comes with the laser. I guess they have good reasons for not doing so.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Epilog apparently stopped using DHL for overnight shipments to Canada. I could order before noon, and be installing the parts at 1pm the next day. Now, they use 3 day UPS and even if it lands in Canada the next day, UPS keeps it in their warehouse for another couple of days, just to make sure it's a 3 day delivery..At least now I use my own broker, and UPS does not get the chance to hose me for customs clearance.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Was this something that Epilog sent out under warranty or did you have to pay for the part? Did you need to pay extra for overnight shipping?

It's good that Epilog did not delay in getting the part ready to ship but it seems that credit should also go to UPS for doing their job well.

I don't understand what they did that makes them "rock".

If it the part was a warranty replacement and they sent it overnight with no charge to you, then yeah, that could make them "rock". Otherwise, it seems they are just doing their job.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries
    Had my second problem with my Epilog Mini 45 in six years that I needed to call Epilog support. The first problem was a bad power supply that was fixed in two days. This time Ryan talked me through the fix. I was up and running in about a half hour.

Love my Epilog...... Ron Thompson
    San Jose, CA
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0