Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retirement

Retirement

Well, today was my last day at work and as of Feb. 1st I will be offically retired after 38.7 years. My last day left a lot to be desired as it seemed everyone wanted everything done today, but it also reminded me of the the reason I was retiring. The hardest part though was saying good bye to my fellow co-workers and friends. There are a lot of unknowns in the road ahead but life is too short and precious to put off enjoying life. I plan on doing a lot more of my woodworking and making pens and just enjoying not having to do shift work any more.

The one good thing after a rough last day at work is when I got home I had my stub from my first retirement check in the mail.

Retired
    Bobby
    Louisiana

Bobby

Congrat's, and enjoy life. You've earned it.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Congratulations!! You're gonna love it! Been retired for 2+ years now and have no regrets at all.

Jim

Congrats Bobby! Enjoy the time for yourself!

In 2 days, I will have been retired 2 years. I miss the people I worked with daily but I don't miss the job!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Well done Bobby. I hope you find retirement just as hectic as I have.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the club. I've been retired for not quite 2 years. I was asked to do some consulting work about 6 months after I retired, which I accepted. The consulting money was good, but it convinced me I had made the right decision retiring. Having to show up someplace every day and stay for 8-9 hours is not for me.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Congratulations! I retired last spring and am just beginning to really enjoy it after a few health problems are starting to improve. My wife retired about 3 years ago and she keeps me busy. Enjoy yourself.

Bobby,

Welcome, although I am new at it and don't have a clue what to expect yet since I retired on January 9th, 2013.

I retired 1/1/2012 after 36 years on the job. What I can honestly say about retirement isthat it is a lot better than I thought it would be.
    Congratulations. Don’t be surprised at howbusy retirement can be.

Congratulations! I retired last September and the first couple of weeks seemed like vacation and as has been stated by others, you will be busier than ever! Enjoy
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

Good for you Bobby, I'm jealous.

I have 5 years left to go..........Rod.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Bobby,

Good luck on your retirement. Wish it was me. I'd retire today if I could and spend all my work time in the shop. I have about 10 years left to work.

PHM

PS-Who dat?

It's a great feeling. The only thing I miss in my retirement is my days off.

Congratulations. I consulted the last 10 years working and then the work just stopped - no retirement date about 5 years ago. I tell people that I am retired (old enough for sure) since it sounds better than unemployed, but then I am not looking for work. Having a workshop has been a good way to get out of the house and stay busy, but then there are also some volunteer activities. Enjoy and stay busy.

Congrats Bobby! Enjoy life! Looking forward to seeing some of those pens!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!