Thread: What version of Photoshop are you using?

What version of Photoshop are you using?

In my old job I used Photoshop quite a bit. Well, I have a legal copy of Photoshop 7.0. I now have Windows 7 on my computer and Photoshop will not work. I think I get an error that says can not create a scratch disk.... Is this because of Win 7or is Adobe Photoshop not installing corectly? What is with all these new types of Photoshop?

Please help an old guy out..

Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

Understand where you're coming from Bruce, whilst I have CS5 which isn't an issue on Win 7 I love the simplicity of PS Version 6.0 which does pretty much every thing I need without having to sqint looking at the icons in CS5. My solution was to partition the HD and install Win XP on the partition along with Corel 12 which I prefer to X4. With Corel there are a few How To's on the net for installing older versions on Win7 so I'd bet there are some other work arounds for PS as well.
    I'm Back.... & Currently Using a 500 x 300 50w C02 Shenhui Laser
    with Corel Draw X5, RdWorks Ver8, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Ratsus Plugin for PhotoShop instead of Photograv.

You should have an XP compatibility mode on Windows 7 if you have Professional.

Also you can try "Run as Administrator" which allows the program to write to the Program Files folders which a lot of pre-Vista software (Photoshop CS2 does) will attempt to do, Vista/Windows 7 won't let it and then you get errors like these.

Alternatively if given the option you could try to install to another folder in the root of the C drive (eg "C:\Photoshop7") which doesn't need administrator privileges to write to.
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

Good morning...

I am running or have run CS, CS2, and CS5 on Windows 7 Pro with no problems. I do have the primary disk partitioned to two disks...with the D disk being the scratch disk.
    -Jim Coffee-
    Jim Coffee
    James Coffee Studios
    Epilog 24TT, 45W, Nikon D7100, Corel Draw, PhotoShop CC, Lightroom CC, etc.
    Escondido, CA

As a side note, you can do Photoshop on the subscription level now, so you can spend a lot less up front (more in the end), but it's a way to not have to shell out a great deal of money to get the latest software. We have it with CS6 and I thought I would hate the subscription model. I love it.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

You can download CS2 for free.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

PS has gone through many changes....Now they have subcriptions available $20 a month I believe for PS alone
    and $50 a month for all Adobe products. Adobe as others (Corel included) have started to limit upgrades.

I upgraded to CS6 as I was using CS3 and 3 editions back is the cutoff for upgrades, soo.... I wanted to make sure
    I got the upgrade before CS7 came out and my version was no longer upgradable. CS6 has saved me lots in time
    with new functions.

Adobe controls all upgrades now and they have to be purchased and activated by them
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I'm still hanging onto version 7, but only because I bought it. I don't really
    find it more useful for what I do than version 4 was. It can do some things
    more easily, but I wasn't bothered by them before version 7 anyway.
    And I'm not a fan of any company who uses my computer behind my back..

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    You can download CS2 for free.
    where?!?!?
    I am still running my legal version of 6 on an xp

would love to try CS2
    Carpe Lignum

I'm running CS3 on windows 7, also on XP. No problems with either one.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong