Thread: ULS Print Driver Problems with X2-660

ULS Print Driver Problems with X2-660

We just got a used ULS X2-660 and I'm having trouble getting the driver to work. The first time I tried it transferred the file and then said "Driver Error" on the laser control panel. Now I can't even get it to transfer. I've tried installing it through the parallel/usb adapter and through a regular parallel connection. Anyone else had this problem? Any help is much appreciated.

Jeff Thorpe
    ULS X2-660 - Corel X4 - Windows 7

Jeff,

First thing is to start fresh, Get rid of any and all drivers you have loaded for the laser. You must go into the server properties and delete the system from this location as well.
    Then turn on the system and watch the display screen you will see what model you have this is the system type that you will choose when loading the driver.
    Now unplug the USB cable from the computer be sure there are no print files in the print buffer
    go into control panel / printers / faxes and add a new printer.
    Leave the port at local parallel port and install the driver
    once the driver is installed select it and right click and select properties
    select ports and change the port selection to the first virtual usb port apply
    plug in the usb cable and turn the system on wait for the ready on the display
    go back to the general tab and do a print test page
    if the file goes through you are connected if not then you will turn off the system and then back on, clear the print buffer, return to the ports tab and change it to the next virtual port apply and try again.
    You will be able to get the file from one of the first two virtual ports once you are connected it is important to remember that the laser system must be on and READY before you print a file to it.

You may also want to check the port on the laser before you do any of the above.
    Turn system on once ready press escape
    move down to preferences press select
    move down to configuration press select
    move down to ports press select
    the name that comes up in this section is what is set (if parallel is shown this is what is set press escape) ( If serial is shown then press select and change it to parallel then just escape out and try the print again. You must clear any file from the print buffer if it does not go through.
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Thank you! Watching the display screen did the trick. I'd been installing according to the model number X2-660. The display screen said Superspeed 660. Once I changed it everything worked fine.

Thanks again!

Devil in the details

First thing is to start fresh, Get rid of any and all drivers you have loaded for the laser. You must go into the server properties and delete the system from this location as well.

Hi Mike,
    Can you outline to a mac user what you mean/where to delete the system from the server properties please?
    I think I know but need to be sure as I'm floundering a bit.
    Cheers
    Nick

If you click on Mike's name you'll see he hasn't logged in since 2013 - about the same time this thread started - doubtful he will log in and reply.