Thread: Thank you, Baxter Smith

Thank you, Baxter Smith

Baxter stopped by my shop today to pick up a bandsaw fence. While he was there, I managed to sell him a lathe chuck and some other odds and ends...and he gave me some Maine blueberries and rhubarb. As expected, the wife was very pleased, Baxter.

This isn't the first time Baxter has visited my shop. I just wanted to say that he's a gentleman, and Baxter, you're welcome back anytime. We were both in a bit of a rush, but hopefully next time you'll stay a while for some food and adult beverages.

He's also a heck of a turner. That hollow form you showed me was very elegant and beautifully proportioned. Maybe you'll take a picture and show it off here

Blog Entries
    You'll have to invite Baxter back when I'm around... last time we met, I think I picked his brain for an hour on those things that grow in the forest.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

John, I am certainly the one who should be thanking you! Checked the mounting holes when I got home and the fence will be fine. Along with the fence, John gave me some turning stock. I have never turned rosewood or ebony so that will be interesting. You certainly gave me a very good deal on the chuck, sandpaper and calipers as well so thank you again!
    Just seeing your shop and the guitars you are working on would have made the stop worthwhile! Very interesting and well done!

I hope the flavors meet your wifes expectations!
    The hollowform you looked at was posted here.
    Hope to stop in again sometime and enjoy your company!