Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 58,565 Posts to Go

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    The Creek is rockin,

Over the last three weeks we have registered over 1400 new Members.
    Last night we were within less than 60 people of breaking our all-time record of 1,692 people online.

Currently we need 57,995 posts so there were 570 posts made since I started this thread yesterday.
    Should we pick a date for everyone to be online to pass the record or will that be cheating?
    "Dear God, my prayer for 2018 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last four years."

That might be a little bit manufactured, but......
    Great to hear that we have more and more new members joining! Doubt many of the other wood forums can say that. We'll all have to raise a glass of our favorite beverage when the time comes! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Angrisani View Post
    I was asking about regular posts/threads that get deleted by the Moderators. You had already clarified that old Classifieds and Deals & Discounts don't count.
    Joe,

Even when we "delete" or "edit" a post here, it's not gone. We can go back on view it. It's just not visible to the general public. Once you "submit" something it's there even if you come back and reword/edit it later. We can view the original and new version of your post.

Threads aren't deleted, they are removed from public viewing, most often by moving them to the Moderator's Forum.

Whether or not they are totaled with the other threads or posts? I don't know.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

All posts from every forum are part of the total post count. When we clean up old posts from the deals and discounts and the classifieds forums the total decreases, then starts to climb again. I wish there was a way to exclude certain forums from the total but there isn't.

They're gone, Ken. I've read the "You say potato and I say potahto" about deleted posts before, but if they are not part of the reference pool for all, they are gone.

Thanks, Keith. I was just wondering in some "a reference of over 2 million posts" sorta way. Since the deleted posts are gone, the actual "two-millionth post" will fall far short of the being the "two millionth post in our library". I wonder how many posts have been deleted over the years....

Joe,

I assure you.....just because you personally can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Those threads and posts still exist and are available if necessary for legal reasons.....and that isn't potato or potahto ......
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken,

I assure you.....just because posts are available for legal reasons doesn't mean it exists as part of a reference pool. Those threads and posts are not part of a public, searchable database....and that isn't potato or potahto .....

Joe,

There are 4,008 Threads which contain 37,104 posts in our Moderators Forum right now. Most of the threads and posts are Staff conversations, I didn't want you to think that we removed that many threads from public view over the last ten years. The Staff conversations go all the way back to the time when it was just me and Ken Salisbury in the early days so its kind of an archive so to speak. Every time someone "Reports a Post" it is recorded in our Moderators Forum which accounts for a considerable number of posts to the Moderators Forum through the years. Just thought you might like to know.

You guys want to talk about potato's, its a subject that is near and dear to my heart. My family have been potato farmers on the Eastern Shore of Virginia for 378 years. Did you know that Idaho gets a large percentage of their seed potato's from Virginia and North Carolina. There is just enough offset in the growing season between the two areas so they can share seed potato's. You have to plant the same type of potato in a field for four years before you can sell certified seed from that field.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-15-2013 at 4:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Joe,

There are 4,008 Threads which contain 37,104 posts in our Moderators Forum right now. Most of the threads and posts are Staff conversations, I didn't want you to think that we removed that many threads from public view over the last ten years. The Staff conversations go all the way back to the time when it was just me and Ken Salisbury in the early days so its kind of an archive so to speak. Every time someone "Reports a Post" it is recorded in our Moderators Forum which accounts for a considerable number of posts to the Moderators Forum through the years. Just thought you might like to know.

You guys want to talk about potato's, its a subject that is near and dear to my heart. My family have been potato farmers on the Eastern Shore of Virginia for 378 years. Did you know that Idaho gets a large percentage of their seed potato's from Virginia and North Carolina. There is just enough offset in the growing season between the two areas so they can share seed potato's. You have to plant the same type of potato in a field for four years before you can sell certified seed from that field.

Can you tell me what state do your family seed potato are raise in ?

That does imply the number is much lower than I would have guessed. I must account for half of the deletes.

Thanks, Keith. 1634....WOW.

What does any of this have to do with my ceremonial two millionth post LASER ENGRAVER prize that Keith is going to send me?

hint hint...

Well played, John. You said I needed to post six times in this thread to make the two millionth thing line up for you, and I was wondering how it was going to happen.