Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PM-V11 chisels...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    ...I have been educated to understand that these dogs do all sorts of unpleasant things while pulling the sled, and that there is some "discomfort" when sitting directly behind one. My cunning plan is to train them to push the sled instead ..
    I think they have to "pull" that sled. Of course, the wisest thing is not to sit at the sled front, get thee to the back and mush.

Now hang on, they got sled dogs in Arkansas?

DC should stick around Ottawa long enough to take in the first Hockey game of the season.
    It's faster back from Kanata by dogsled, after a game.

Well, I see I am not alone in thinking they are light. Again I am not sure if this is a bad thing and actually with all of the good comments for them I am guessing it is not. I think the fact that I have been using the Narex chisels for the last year may have something to do with how I feel. They are bigger for sure. And on the plus side I have learned enough about dog sledding to know I am not signing up for that . thanks to all that replied. I am going to hit a LN show soon and put them in my hands as well since it seems they are the same weight. Does anyone sell Blue Spruce where you can hold them? I know I could buy one online and re sell it for most of what I paid for it but would rather just check them out if I can. Thanks again, John...

Most of the people who I have seen talking about using chisels a lot (like for making a living) prefer lighter chisels that are similar to cabinetmaker's chisels and not fatter carpenter's chisels.

Whatever they feel like, I think you will probably like them as soon as you get used to them. I don't say that because I have them (I don't have them), I say that because you can get used to a lot of things unless they're outright uncomfortable.