Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Our completed Kitchen

Pictures of Our completed Kitchen

Took me almost two years to complete but well worth it - my wife loves it! I did everything - tear down of walls, new construction, and all the cabinets. For the cabinets I had a Unisaw but used my track saw system to make 90%+ of the cuts (I actually sold my Unisaw at the end of this project). I'm posting because I got lots of help at this forum for my first kitchen build:

Thumbs up

wow! super fantastic job

Mike,

You did an outstanding job on your kitchen. Looks like a big kitchen. I would love to have a kitchen large enough to have an island as large as yours. I also really like the fact that you used end panels on everything instead of plywood. Do you have any construction photo's you could share? What did you finish the cabinets with?

Mike, your kitchen design is great, and your build is outstanding. What is next?

Sam

Wow ! Very impressive. What make of track saw did you use?

Beautiful work Mike. I can certainly understand why your wife likes her new kitchen and I can imagine a healthy dose of pride in her husband. Love your specialty shelves.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

That is beautiful.
    Very nice work Mike.

How wide is the spice pull out?

Spectacular workmanship !! I like everything from the design to the great job on the raised panel doors and pull out shelves. Must be incredibly gratifying to have made something so beautiful and functional.
    Dick Mahany.

Very nice work. You should be very proud.

Ya dun good! Lots of ambitious details and you got them right. Good use of the interiors.
    Congratulations, it's a beauty.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Another WOW! Beautiful high-end design and beautiful craftsmanship throughout!
    Well done!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

WOW.

That would take me 2 years too. Awesome.

VERY NICE! I am building for a new house and I hope it comes out like yours. Beautiful

Absolutely amazing job Mike. What did you use for design software to plan everything out?

Mike,
    Great looking kitchen.

Sincerely,
    Dick
    Dick Phillip
    Riverton, WY

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger View Post
    That is beautiful.
    Very nice work Mike.

How wide is the spice pull out?
    3-1/2". I have lots of stories for this project - including the spice pullout. I planned to have it but was going to buy a ready made one. When I received it I had two problems: 1) it was too tall (guess they are made to go to the floor and I had a toe kick). 2) you have to put the slides on first (oh no I didn't have room to do this). So forced me to make my own. I built a box with the slides attached that is mounted to the bottom (I can provide details if someone is interested). I bought the jars from Lee Valley - it came out better than the purchased one.

I also made some special wide/deep pullouts. One for dog food and one for my popcorn stuff & other junk. Those slides cost $50-$60 but they are soft close and rated for heavy loads: