Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Investment company Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cherry View Post
    Investments I'm investing in scrap iron and aluminum. You should see my garage and basement
    Vanguard probably can't help you with that

Blog Entries
    I have invested with Vanguard for 20 years. They have both funds and their own ETF'S. I am an index investor. I am very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.
    Dennis

Vanguard (or Fidelity) are solid choices for a Roth, you should be able to set it up online without difficulty. My wife and I have our Roth's through Vanguard for over 10 years and have been happy with their service and offerings. They have many low cost and low expense ETFs and Mutual funds that should provide a diversified portfolio if necessary. They represent a good value for the investor, and you can do it yourself. I have to admit to being one of the odd ducks that find finance fascinating (I have an MBA with a finance emphasis) and would second the other recommendations to use index funds, especially with a long time horizon.

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.

Thanks everyone good information. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bonde View Post
    Anybody use Vanguard.com for investments? I am looking to start a Roth IRA and was not thrilled with the cost using a local investment company and looking at the numbers and information about Vanguard it looks promising. Dave
    My 401k is in Vanguard and I have been very pleased with it.

Jack

I Think Joe is correct on all points.
    Best off, the more work you can do on your own.
    I used to have an account at Vanguard, now only use Ameritrade.
    They are all similar, but AMTD might have the best financial position.
    Only advantage to using Vanguard would be "comfort level" for folks who do not want to get involved,
    meaning that the Series 7 folks at then other end of the phone are trained specifically to talk to folks who want to be minimally involved.

(disclaimer: used to be Series 7 registered, 8 years, at Dean Witter, before it became Morgan Stanley Dean Witter)
    Last edited by Tom Fischer; 12-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.