Thread: Kudos to Monster Lathe Tools

Kudos to Monster Lathe Tools

Picked up a Monster Articulated Hollowing System last summer. After trying to use it on some deep hollowing jobs, decided that I needed the captive bar system for my deep hollowing. Contacted Monster Lathe Tools and ordered those items to fill out my hollowing system to a full captive bar system as well as an articulated hollower. Also ordered a one inch boring bar as well.

When I received the parts for the Captive Bar system, the one inch boring bar fit well and I used it to rough out some urns I've been working on. When I tried to install my swan neck bar in the captive bar holder, it was a tight fit, too tight. Almost could not get it out. The swan neck bar fits my articulated system well as does my 3/4" boring bar. Tried the 3/4" boring bar in the captive bar holder and it wouldn't go in at all. They did a good job of machining the items that were shipped together, but the two different shipments were sized slightly different in size. I originally thought about sanding down the two bars that were a little large but realized they would then end up with excessive slop when I mounted them in the Articulated system.

Sent an e-mail to Monster Tools and told them what was going on. They responded back right away, on Black Friday, and apologized for the issue. Mentioned they were on vacation, but would get on it as soon as they got back. I received another Captive Bar holder and one inch boring bar the next week along with a prepaid label to return the old tools. Alas, when I tried to assemble all the different components, found I still had a sizing issue. I got out my digital caliper and measured each item, finding minor differences on the mating end of the boring and swan neck bars. We're only talking about 3 to 4 thousands difference, but they won't work with that small variance.

Shot them another e-mail informing them of my findings and Todd called me the next morning and we talked a little on what the best solution was. He was very concerned with correcting the problem and had me send back each of the items where there was an issue with the fit. Couple weeks later, received a package with all parts machined precisely to fit each other. They even sent a check for the additional postage I incurred when sending back the package with all the pieces in it.

Monster Lathe Tools went the extra mile to correct all my problems and I wanted to let everyone here know of what type of class operation they are providing.

Kudos to Todd and Michelle Matejka at Monster Lathe Tools.

Clint

Since Randy's death, the kids have really stepped it up and taken Monster to the top. They are a great business model!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Randy, now Todd and Michelle have always treated me right. I have both the articulating arm and captured. I had a problem with the laser and they replaced it for me and overnighted it. Customer service is second to none.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Always great to hear when manufacturers go that extra mile for customer service! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

It was a huge challenge for both of them - dealing with Randy's death, integrating immediately into management of the company, acquiring skills and knowledge that Randy was unable to leave with them, and finally, moving the location of the entire company!!! No small feat keeping the company going. It is refreshing to see them do so well with it.

Great to hear. I have an articulating arm for almost a year and have not even mounted it on my lathe due to my change of employment excercises. Now I am employed in the area again and find myself helping with a few remodeling jobs for other family members. I hope in the next month or so I get the chance to actually use it.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

I ordered a captive system when Randy took I'll. I got a call from Michelle and told her to not to bother with my order, her dad needed her more than I needed my new tool/toy. She is a good person amend I was happy to meet her several months later. They are a class act!