Thread: Her name is Shelob

Her name is Shelob

After Tolkliens spider, cause she has multiple arms and a sting if you get your fingers too close. Actually she is a Gorton pantograph that I bought from a fellow Creeker. Just got her in the shop and running Yesteday. Here is a pic of my three daughters, wife, and even the hounds making brass Christmas tree orinimatents today. Shelob $250, Christmas tree orinimatents priceless.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Plane Anarchist

Great pic! That was a steal of a deal. Did any fonts come with it?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Fine looking crew you have there!

Saw the pantograph offered, but was too far away to consider it. Some pictures of the ornaments?

Unfortunatly no fonts so I'll have to ebay for some. I didn't get a pic of the ornaments, Christmas bells, but if I get time I'll get one of the wife's. Nothing great but just fun to get the family engaged. I usually try to have some kind of project that everyone can work on for Christmas afternoon.
    I was using her to do some cutting on a couple of planes I'm making but I broke the belt. Actually it was rubbing and frayed to pieces. It's a round belt more like a rope than a v-belt. I hope to find one on line tonight. She's gonna be a good addition to my shop.
    The Plane Anarchist

Very nice; Nice shaper as well..... Do you just luck out on the color match?

Yeah, I don't know who comes up with these colors! The rest of my metal working machines are grey, my wood working mostly white. I'd like to paint them some day but right now I'm too busy cutting things.
    The Plane Anarchist