Thread: Looking for cnc buddy

Looking for cnc buddy

I am new to cnc routing and looking for a buddy near Modesto Ca. I am retired and looking to learn how to run a cnc router. If your not close to me but would like to chat, Please send a number via email.
    Thanks Bob

Bob,

Lets start here with some information concerning what you want to accomplish. Based on your statement I assume that you have no knowledge but are interested in learning, does that mean that you might be interested in owning your own machine at some point or are you just interested in finding a Mentor in your area willing to provide some training?

I am new to cnc routing where you can control the Z axis. I have 2 engraving machines and a laser engraver. I purchased a user cnc router and did not get the computer that was running it. I purchased Mach3 lic. and Vcarve Pro. I have all kinds of trouble trying to get my computer to talk to the router. When I make 2 steps forward and the following day I go 3 steps back. I know that I need someone to bounce ideas off. Using email is just not working for me.

Thanks Bob

Can you tell us more about the controller and machine you bought?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

What brand is the CNC .... If you do a Google search you should be able to find a Mach3 forum
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Hi Bob;

I'm in Oakland, which is not that close, but I'd be happy to talk with you about running Mach3 on your router. I've got a few machines that use it, so I'm pretty familiar with how it works. Is your machine up and running, or is it something you're in the process of putting together? What sorts of things were you thinking about doing with it? You can find my telephone number on my site.

Andrew Werby
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-03-2013 at 6:47 AM.

Andrew,

Put your web site address in your user profile.

I live in Pleasanton

Hi Bob
    I have a CNC set up in my garage workshop that I use extensively. You are more than welcome to come by anytime to watch it in action. I use Mach3 and Vectric's VCarve Pro. My Website is amlwoodart.com where you can see what I do with it. Go to the Gallery and you can see my shop. Give me a call if you are interested. I too, am retired.
    Marty
    925 9893712
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 01-19-2013 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Removed active URL.

Marty how long did it take you to clean your shop in order to take that great shop pix! [] Russ

Russ
    It gave me a good reason to clean up. I try to give it a good cleaning once a week or it becomes hazardous to my health!
    Marty